Help plis

Hello, I have never had anything like this, growing outdoors in a country with a semi tropical climate, maybe a swampy climate, something like this has started to appear … could you help me ?? average temperature 22 -32 ° C humidity 80% being the wettest and coolest night, the greenhouse has special ventilation.

Uploading: 20190422_000222.jpg… Uploading: 20190422_001218.jpg… Uploading: 20190422_001213.jpg… Uploading: 20190422_000235.jpg… Uploading: 20190422_001204.jpg… Uploading: 20190422_000349.jpg…

Looks overwatered, and possibly spider mites, broad or russets.

4 Likes

we need the rest of the pictures to have any hope of helping.

try again, and wait till the images have finished uploading…

you probably don’t have edit capabilities yet. so you’ll just have to reply.

2 Likes

@cyclopath @Demontrich

what size pots are those? they look pretty small for that sized plant. I run at least 25 gal for plants that size. What’s your feeding regimen look like? Looks to be deficient in something

2 Likes

Cal mag?.. But don’t forget to check under the leaves for mites bc they weak they would love it

Repot for sure way to small

Get yourself a cheap microscope for your camera, it’s impossible to tell from those pictures, but I definitely see damage that could be indicative of broad mites or russet mites.

Spider mites are pretty easy to see. Many can spot them without magnification. 30x will make it very obvious. They hang out on the undersides of the leaves, and lay their eggs there. At high loads, you’ll see webbing (like spiders) on your plants.

Russets or broad mites are waaay harder to spot. They like to head for the growing tips (meristems), and you have to dig and use high magnification (100x) to spot them.

Broad mite cause damage at much lower infestation levels than russets.

Russets look like Jabba the Hutt…and it is terrifying to see how fast they climb to the top of a stem.

can’t get the video I took during my last battle to load…

Both Russet mites and Broad mites are often confused for nutritional deficits…so you might be in luck and just have a feeding problem

3 Likes

Heres the run down I post for help on cannabis grow forums. Please fill out completely

Room temp
Room rh
Lights
Pot size
Medium
PH of water (bubbled, tap, ro, well)
Nutes
Feed/h20 schedule
Ppm of nutes

Also looks like you have lock-out going on.

6 Likes

i do not see any spots on the leafs. so thats good.
pots are to small for that size plant without heavy feeding.
the smaller plants also look under fed. also could be a ph
problem with your soil. a lot of crap soil out there.
feed them heavy should pop out of it.
cheers Lrus007

2 Likes

Can Russets or broad mites effect extract yeild?

they can affect plant weight, flower to leaf ratio, flower size, and cannabinoid potency.

all negatively.

I can think of no mechanism by which they might change how the cannabinoids extract (extraction efficiency).

if sold as fresh frozen biomass, to someone who doesn’t look in the bags, or get any sort of potency test done, I guess I could see how that someone might come to that conclusion. or phrase it that way, even if they really knew it was about the lousy biomass, not the mites that wrecked the biomass, or the one who sold them the biomass.

edit: just read that you were neglecting the “moisture” in your yield calculation.

2 Likes

Yes I did, can’t be believe I didn’t think about it… what system were you running 160lbs on a day

Makes for +25 wook live rosin points in yeilds

No I’m kidding lol. But yes will hurt yeilds overall as it’s a impurities & once extracted into the oil you’ll end up remediation all those impurities which will also hold onto other compounds & they’ll be pulled during winterization as I would recommend selling any oil that hasn’t been thoroughly remediate in this case, over all I wouldn’t recommend extracting bio that has any bugs really, that entails pesticides & that will be another ball game for your post processing as well. Just source good bio, or take care of them on your crop thoroughly & keep a good ipm program running to keep up once eradicated.

where did you get that number?

When I was reading about moisture in the system, I just looked and saw that it was from September 2019. I’m just always curious and excited when I see numbers above 150. We run 100, but it is no easy task, and never consecutive. Something always goes wrong, that slows us down.

“I swapped the 6x36 sieve out every 30 days running 160lb cured a day and saw no issues.“

Here it is.

That would have been an Iron fist EX-40. Nominal 40lb loading. We were getting closer to 20lb loading because of the way the socks were being packed. running it around the clock. Might actually have been squeezing as much as 240lb through some days.

6x36 is a huge molsieve…

4 Likes

Yes it is.

1 Like