Help on decarb diamond

I don’t get it
What u mean ?

Just to be clear all cannabinoids are clear or translucent at their purest form even d9 thc

As long as theyre not oxidized which happens during the process of growing the plants themselves. This is why distillate is yellow unless color remediated

Perfect example

1000mg/g tested by ms and still has color

(Higher potency then any diamonds I’ve ever seen which no one is even testing by ms)

1 Like

Is it still d9 omce oxidized?

Yes theres multiple oxidation states that d9 can be in. Look at the test I just posted. 1000mg/g and even though it is slightly oxidized which causes the color it still tests as d9 thco /d8thco and cbn

Which words are you missing?

Have you considered performing an e-search on them Mr?

presumably you grok “yellowish”. which would imply you understood “ish

from there, one has to apply “ish” to “isolate” == kind of like “isolate”, but not quite, because there are clearly other things in there (because it’s yellow!!)

leading to the conclusion that you don’t understand what an anti-oxidant is?
have you considered looking it up?!? (Mr esearch)

or, just working with what you’ve got?!?

“anti” = opposite. “oxidant”, hmmm, probably has something to do with the oxidization folks are telling you about…

yes grasshopper, there are naturally occurring compounds in cannabis that prevent oxidation. by crystallizing a couple or three times, your source has purified the cannabinoids away from that oxidization preventing magic…so when you heat them up in the presence of oxygen, they oxidize.

you have two choices. remove the oxygen, or dont remove the antioxidants.

decarbing 11kg of “isolish”…under vacuum.

it’s a chemical reaction. I’d go out on a limb and possit that ALL chemical reactions are affected by temp (eg aint nothing happening at 0oK).

perhaps as part of this “research” you’re doing you should take some basic chemistry…Finding Basic Knowledge

1 Like

Depends on the amount of time oxidized and other conditions.

A lot of variables+contact with oxygen can change / degrade it.

I’m sure aged oxidized / antioxidants/ cured products will make more noids

Recreational/illicit and medicinal use of marijuana is usually accomplished by smoking and oral ingestion. Following marijuana smoking, peak plasma THC concentrations are achieved usually within 30 minutes (13–15). Plasma THC concentrations fall rapidly as the result of distribution into tissues and extensive metabolism. An important metabolic pathway involves oxidation of the carbon at the 11-position to form 11-hydroxy-THC (OH-THC). The OH-THC metabolite has pharmacologic activity (16). While it does not accumulate because of its rapid oxidation to form 11-nor-9-carboxy-THC (COOH-THC), it may still remain positive for a few days as the residual THC is converted to OH-THC (17, 18). COOH-THC does not have pharmacological activity (19), but it persists longer in plasma and other biological samples compared to THC and OH-THC. The glucuronide conjugate of COOH-THC is also a prominent metabolite (13). CBD also quickly reaches peak plasma concentrations with rapid decline after smoking (20). The formation of similar hydroxyl and carboxy metabolites of CBD has been described, but they have not been quantified (19, 21). After oral ingestion the absorption of THC and CBD is delayed and prolonged, and a higher concentration of the OH-THC is observed as compared to the smoked route of administration (13, 22, 23), which may be of psychoactive significance. For reviews of earlier and more recent studies see Agurell et al. (2) and Huestis et al. (4), respectively.

Our bodies oxidize the heck out of it.

It’s like our blood(plasma) with oxygen / metabolites are the solvent/reactor

Wonder if anyone’s doing plasma made products.

He’s telling you to use an alternative gas to push the oxygen out.

yes.

1. the temperature.
  2. the speed at which your product reaches said temp.

did you click on the link for the REST of it? do you understand what “heat transfer” means?

are you just looking for meals ready to eat?!?

3 Likes

I don’t have a word problem, I actually do research and translation. A question that just meant, I don’t understand, « what do you mean? » I should have repeated each term to make it clear to you, == and how do I do it?
far from me the idea to waste your time to the point of making you arrogant.
You tell things that seem simple to you: well remove the oxygen or add an antioxidant,
ok! great …. how ?? , with which tools which product?
I understand that it is not your role to be a teacher.
I’m tired of these passive aggressive exchanges.
I don’t force anyone to answer my stupid questions. I don’t have my place okay stay among decarb professionals great good for you, However thanks to all those who don’t call me lazy or uneducated.
Try to come back to the USA or Canada 20 years ago this is where I am currently and I do what I can to avoid street poison.,.
And frankly ?? yes I’m waiting to buy a damn cartridge of distillate or diamond legally on a shop (meal ready to eat) and I wouldn’t be pissed of tried to do it because I don’t have access to it.
In real life Mr. I am an architect and not one of the worst, not a chemist, and I assure you that I have never taken people who did not understand my field for incapable.
So thank you all for your help but I’m past the age to be treated like this. I will no longer publish. If there are people who want to give me (ready to eat) come pm me with pleasure. best wishes to you and everyone.

2 Likes

Nope.

I said don’t remove the antioxidant(s) in the first place.

If there is nothing more susceptible to oxidation than your cannabinoids, it is your cannabinoids that will oxidize when you add heat and oxygen.

If you dont get all the “sauce” off your thca (or maybe add a little bit back) and decarb in the absence of O2 (lower temps help too. Eg 100C, but that 11kg batch was at 130C) you won’t get red or purple. You will get yellow or amber.

My best guess is you used up the residual antioxidants on your second go through…by cooking for several extra hrs.

How do you decarb without O2?
Eg If I Decarb under Vacuum, would I avoid Oxidation?

Argon and N2 are also options.

How do you fill carts in an inert environment?

In a glove box. Under N2.

…and then there is the cart hardware, metals are great at catalysis and the metallurgy of the cart can clearly be pointed to as the culprit in many cases (the heat cycling helps too)

As for

Mea culpa. There are side effects to using large amounts of cannabinoids to manage chronic pain…I had forgotten this exchange….

I don’t understand is a great starting point.

Rather than you wandering away, how about I shut the fuck up and let others answer your questions in terms that the googles can interpret for you.

Sometimes they really are that simple…

3 Likes

bro you are writing full on essays with complex grammar roasting some foreign guy using google translate … have mercy on this poor man . he probabaly can’t even understand half of what you are saying. @cyclopath

2 Likes

Im mainly talking about the quinones that are formed from oxidation. Thc quinone is the red layer on top of distillate, if youve ever watched water clear distillate oxidize itll go from clear to yellow to orange to red based on how much oxidation takes place

Pictured above are the quinones for some of the common cannabinoids

This is the d9 thco I posted above that tested at 1000mg/g. Obviously you cant make thc quinone with an acetate group attached on the alcohol but that doesnt mean the bottom bond of the quinone cant form. This distillate was pretty much red before I acetylated it and the process lightened the color greatly. I know if i would have used silica or magsil to strip some color I could have removed the rest of the oxidation to make it clear

Think about how people harvest early to get rosin to be light in color, the process of growing the plant exposes it to oxygen and with enough time the cannabinoids will oxidize

1 Like

@soicythecliq After a hard days work the freely given answers @cyclopath is providing in this thread are fully worth the tolerance of the language barrier. The sewing of seeds & knowledge for those who follow in the OP’s footsteps can benefit everyone, I’m sure @cyclopath nature is misunderstood here. He always means well and is often guiding folks to answers they should be discovering on their own and wouldnt share publicly themselves otherwise. A little disruptive language can be expected.

3 Likes

eh, cyclo is known for going manic quite easily . he would not be a good teacher. he’s one of those guys that has poor people skills and needs isolated in the corner of the lab to really shine at what he’s good at. @Myrrdin… leave the teaching to those that understand the concept of how to effectively teach better and have less ego. just my 2 cent…regardless of his info provided , he comes across borderline annoyed or as if he’s talking down on you. reminds me of an old high school science teacher i had, god was he an unhappy man ,

I dont see you handing out any answers buddy … just sayin

2 Likes

that doesn’t invalidate any of the observations z i’ve commented on… no need to get defensive. people aren’t perfect and everyone has their own flaws

Exactly, well said. Spread the love

:v:

2 Likes

it takes a specific type of person to thrive doing things like that. You can have a 300 IQ and be a master chemist, but none of that will ever make you a good teacher. it’s different skill set IMO.

nevertheless he gets credit for entertaining the conversation, better than nothing I agree on that!

Yeah man, expression is the spice of life, The peeling of grapes, splitting hairs and attitude filled raging debacles have actually produced a significant boost to the tech behind the scenes for those willing to put in the work. Too many snowflakes in the world today anyway.

FWIW, I use the co2 that is produced during the decarb reaction to prevent oxidation because its already there and its heavier than air… different strokes for different folks i guess.

Looking back on the thread I see alot of info dropped and thats a good thing!

Happy dead turkey day

1 Like