Help me solve this chemystery problem

Oops, duh!

2 Likes

The all knowing one gives 72-78C…

Still prefer confirmation from someone who has actually tried it.

3 Likes

Someone in this thread makes the contention that “there is no melting point” simply a transition from acid to activated form. An interesting perspective, because once decarbed its a “liquid” just a non-Newtonian one.

So, either I’m stoned on a Sunday, or decarboxylation temp = solid-liquid phase transition = melting point?

Edit - Forgot a question mark.

3 Likes

You can definitely melt THCa without decarbing it, that’s how the solventless guys make the THCa silicone mold diamonds. Idk any more details than that, only that’s its being done

13 Likes

Yes my buddy used a toaster oven :joy:

3 Likes

Look what just showed up…

10 Likes

Please tell us more! that sounds like Chinese to me

please enlighten us @agentbrown

had to poke harder than usual at the the all knowing one to get this far.

as a professed not-a-chemist, even if I chased that down, I’m not sure I’d catch your drift.

Had a similar result a few years back. Unfortunately I was open blasting so no CRC for any powders.

5 Likes

Was negative temps outside and it almost fell out instantly lol. Back then i thought I was dewaxing pretty sure was just pulling thca and destabilizing my extracts.
Long time reader 1st comment love the discussions here alot of you are def killing it :fire::v::facepunch: I def appreciate the knowledge.

4 Likes

Tried dabbing def was not pleasurable. Defalot of waxes but even tried the pure white and it wasnt that awesome so then lol I just put it in the microwave with a little water. And this is wt it did

1 Like

Have done multiple of these washes, and some don’t get all the oil out. Even with multiple butane washes there are still chunks of yellow, red, pink oil left inside the sock. Looks almost like candy/flour/cookies. About to try on an enail to see when it melts, I’ll post the results on it in just a moment. Questioning the thca ideas in that those molecules SHOULD dissolve in butane correct? Why would thca be left behind when washed in isobutane?
Been having a lot of sugaring issues with the B80 runs and the ones I rewashed seem to have little to no sugaring. What does the B80 do chemically to the extract to make it sugar up? Is there some chemical reaction happening in the B80 that changes the extract into something that can’t take the heat/vac that a normal slab does? Why does this part of the solution then not want to dissolve in butane the second time? Someone said maybe I’m not using enough solvent. At 1000g extract to 30-40lbs, 13000g-18000g solvent I feel that’s plenty.

Betcha it’s thca

2 Likes

Please other people do this new isolation technique and get it figured out! Anyone who has more readily accessible lab tests see if you can get it nailed down what’s actually in there

Put it on an enail and no reaction at 250F but melted fully at 275F

Turned completely clear around 300F and began to vaporize, no residue, no taste

Lol if it is thca those end slabs gotta b lameAF for potentcy. Thca will dissolve in butane when its warm.

2 Likes

No head change, buzz, or anything?

2 Likes

How can it be THCa if it doesn’t dissolve in butane?

Because as a solid it takes a lot more effort to dissolve it again.

Anyone here that’s tried to do this with sugar or anything like that in the collection pot. It takes a while for all of the crystals to dissolve. I’ve clogged my pour spout a couple of times with thca from doing this. I doubt its entirely waxes.

9 Likes