Help diy hydroponics nutrient recipe

I think Athena is pretty solid I add things here and there and always make profit. Why do you make your own blends unless profit margin is low? Or really finicky cultivars I am very small scale but at some point I have to “trust” that some one has done the research for me and I am willing to pay for that. I run 400-500 gallons in RDWC and change once a week. $50-80 a week in nutrients seems reasonable? Honestly am I missing something unless you can’t source those products in OP ‘s country.

1 Like

@Onceovertwice in the country where I live nutrient brands on bad N-p-k

I run for a long time canna Aqua good score 1g/w

When I run yara calcinit and kristalon

The plants were crazy better quality and weight in addition for a very low price

2 Likes

@Emdub27 is the calculation good?

Not hydrobuddy

I use a simple calculator

P205 x043 etc…

All of them make up the recipe are yara

I don’t use pekacide because I don’t have a microdrip line I work simple system ebb n flow

If I do 1g/w with yara calcinit and kristalon

Knows that it went very badly

The average and 1.15 1.20/w my best was 1.38/w

I think I can be better with your advice, I’ve already learned a lot in a few days, thank you very sorry for my English

grams per watt isnt a good metric. do you use ac to cool, how long veg etc is why.

No ac cool .
fan intake fan extra
3 week veg
6 plant for 600w

How is grams per watt not a good metric?

5 Likes

BUT dude, please save your self 40% of the cost of the recipe and buy yara cal-nit instead of part B. its the same salt for 21 dollar for 50lbs. BET

5 Likes

Thanks @sweethemp. Already on it.

2 Likes

I think grams per sqft is a better measurement.

3 Likes

Also need to add the missing micro nutrients that come in the Athena calcium nitrate.

1 Like

@Medicine.grower
Kelamix complex (Fe) EDTA — 7.8% (Mn) EDTA– 3.9% (Zn) EDTA— 0.6% (Cu) EDTA— 0.3% Boro mineral — 0.7% (Mo) mineral– 0.2%

Aren’t you in Canada!?

:wink:

6 Likes

We might be rednecks up here like @anon56994712 calls me but we still use pounds and inches lol

8 Likes

Hello

I followed your advice on nutrition @emdub27 and I must say that fire knows

Never u plants so beautiful thank you

I have a genetics that makes me botrytis the buds are very compact even at 45% rh

I would like to give him different nutrition during the beginning of flo advise you a high N and P to create a greater stretch
Ppm
N200 P130 k220 Ca 170 mg 55
When do you think @emdub27 ?

1 Like

I’ve never intentionally tried to grow an airy bud. For any fungal problem, you will be better off if you focus on getting your sap pH up. Create conditions the fungus can’t grow in.

2 Likes

I used your recipe for week 2 to 7

Then I finish with the athena recipe week 8 and 9

I’ll see if there are fewer botrytis on this genetics thank you @emdub27

I just got a response from fickle so ill respond to my previous post.= there alot more than gpw to quality cannabis and gpw isnt determined by nutrients. Genetics and co2. Co2/carbon makes up oer 90 percent of a plants biomass