Help. carts are too thick . new recipe, am I good?

I am working with gcell 2.0 from @cart.farm

been going back and forth with Ian and he has been a major help . unfortunately though after the first call I didn’t follow what he told me exactly , and of course I ran into some problems .

i’m trying to use live resin and distillate in a 1:3 ratio, they came out too thick and the coils won’t wick . i popped them in the oven and they seemed to prime up that way, but they are struggling to stay primed after that. Ian also pointed out i hadn’t sealed the carts completely (LOL) ina pic i sent. so i made sure that was fine after i took them out the oven . when i finally get one to hit it hits me like a train though!

I asked Ian if the icell 2 would have been a better choice for thicker more pure product but he said not really , and that my problem was that I used zero added terpenes .

So unfortunately I either have to make my product thinner or need a diff cart … i have ordered some CBT’s and going to add them in a 5% ratio since i still have like 75 of these gcell2 to use up … hoping that is all that is needed.

BUT it is still relevant to me , should i stick with the gcell 2 or try the icell 2 next time due to the different design? the oil intakes on the gcell 2 are really deep down in there and i think that’s also contributing to the problem .
any input from the pros?

5% ratio should be fine. Once the solution is warm and flowing well it will make its way into the wick. If your solution is not wicking properly, lowering the viscosity will help it move through the wicks to the coil.

1 Like

any input on the gcell 2 vs icell 2 as far as managing the problems ? just for the future . Ian said they don’t taste as good but if the design works better with what i’m using then i’ll buy those next time.

i don’t want to keep blowing up cart farm because i’m a noob and i know their time is more valuable than mine. next step will be a paid consultation if 5% terps don’t fix my issue

No input regarding the carts as I haven’t had direct experience with them, but if @qma said they taste better I would assume that he’s right.

Don’t bother paying for a consultation.

Just turn up the CDTs a bit at a time until you find a level that works for you.

This is @cart.farm when people are not calling (75% of the work day)

You can also do what @HowToWeed does and mix different cannabanoids to make the blend soupier and less viscous

3 Likes

Good info , I do have limited funds and access to other raw cannabinoids so hoping these terps do the job.

how is this looking? i’ve downsized the recipe until we get it right and can scale it.

(new recipe)

distillate 8ml - ratio 80%

1.5 live resin sugar/wax- ratio 15%

0.5ml terps CDT only- ratio 5%

@qma

maybe lower the distillate ratio?
i can lower distillate to 6ml and this would also thin the final result along with the added terps. i think this is the move

lastly the taste. i think i vaped off too many of the terps off the live resin from keeping it at 180f for a couple hours because i was attempting to decarb it. but some people on the forum say with my distillate ratio you don’t need to decarb as the distillate acts as a stabilizer base.

i’m considering changing the total mixing time and temp. to only mixing at 120f for an hour to try and keep all the flavors i can . and also utilizing a silicone lid for my glass beaker while it mixes to keep the terps in. this won’t cause an oil explosion right lol…?

If you are using 15% sugar you most likely will NOT need a decarb

Only if you were using 1:1 would you need a decarb

1 Like

More distillate is less viscosity, using less will only make it thicker if you replace it with something solid like more resin.

Try to get some cbc it’s the best, but your new recipe looks fine to me too.

Use a sealed glass vial if you don’t want to lose terps. Also it shouldn’t take an hour to mix, and decarbing isn’t necessary at that ratio.

Both me and cart farm sell sealable vials that won’t explode from cannabinoids and terpenes building pressure if you’re worried about finding a safe one.

2 Likes

More distillate is less viscosity

@cyclopath

jYH1Oq1

1 Like

Except the disconnect here is the effect adding more of your sugar/wax will do to the viscosity.

You believe it will lower the viscosity. I believe @HowToWeed has viscosity correct, but doesn’t know the consistency of your live resin as compared to or mixed with your distillate.

Edit: sorry @Shrimp for confusing you with OP.

1 Like

I don’t understand that though, because at room temp the disty is solid . at room temp the resin is squishy. so how would less distillate make it thicker . i’m confused.

1 Like

the consistency varies from waxy to sugary

@HowToWeed so why is cbc the best ? should i just pick up some cdc isolate online or how would i utilize this?

CBC is a liquid even well below freezing. It lowers the viscosity better than anything other than terpenes, and is a cannabinoid. You literally can’t get a better option, it’s gods gift to vaping.

Go look at my channel I have many videos using it…

Except my understanding is that most of the CBC out there is not of cannabis (nor hemp) origin.

Synthetic =/= bad, but in many legal markets that makes it an illegal adulterant

2 Likes

It’s a little bit inconvenient to watch an entire video just for a couple questions . I’m just wondering where you buy it and how you add it . I’m sorry if that’s a lot for you to go back and forth , i have no idea what you do or how busy you are so again I apologize in advance . I’m sure your videos are great. but i already know like 90% of that information you’re teaching the noobs on youtube

1 Like

There are lots of sellers on here for it as well as online since it’s a legal cannabinoid, it’s easy to find. Helloterpenes has ads on this forum and sells it.

You just mix it in. I’m not sure how else to answer you, if you want to see it mixed in, I have videos, is all I meant.

CBC is a liquid even below freezing. So you can mix it at pretty much any temperature. If you’ve made vapes before you’ll have no issues whatsoever mixing it in.

If you have any other questions let me know though I’ll be happy to answer.

1 Like

what is the ratio to add it, and I am looking for “cbc oil” correct ? and does it have a smell / taste?

this is all I need to know. appreciate you !

CBC is often sold as an isolate even though it’s a liquid, which can confuse people are they are used to isolates being solid for cannabinoids. So sometimes retailers list is a cbc distillate. But either way you’re looking for one of those two terms.

A 5-10% ratio will do you good, but you’ll have to experiment to find the minimum amount for your current mixture as to minimize cost of using the expensive CBC.

It has no noticeable smell or taste when mixed at that ratio, but technically has a pleasant minor sweet taste similar to CBD.
It should be basically odourless as well.

1 Like

@cart.farm can you give me an approval on the cbc usage and information? Would like to hear your input if it would help or hurt my situation.

@HowToWeed seems like a very smart guy but it’s always best to have multiple heads working a problem to see from more angles