Help BHO to carts

Hello, Its my first time with BHO, I flash freezed , crush it and run it on my 45gr closed loop extractor. Got 4 grams of bho ( clear gold ), got it decarb and when It came out even after I added terpenes the carts came dark. Did I do something wrong? I decarb it at 240F for 24 min thats when bubbles stopped.

1 Like

Pour argon gas into the jar before you decarb.

3 Likes

Might be a dumb/uneducated question…

Is that to prevent/slow oxidation to preserve color?

1 Like

Im guessing you decarbed without seperating your hte from the thxa isolate? Thatll get you dark oil. Also im not sure what you are working with so if you extracted “warm” you most likely pulled more fats than desired and when decarbed guves you dark colors as well.

2 Likes

I am curious too. Please explain?

post pics of your gold BHO if you have them. odds are your pre-decarb’d extract contains more pigments than you think. when you decarb, you lose at least 10% in mass due to CO2, so your pigment molecules get concentrated.

if you have any more of your BHO, take it and dissolve 1g in 1g of ethanol. If that is dark, then you can expect your decarb’d extract to be dark too

3 Likes

Would nitrogen work?

Yes. Argon is technically better at maintaining an inert atmosphere because it’s less reactive than nitrogen, but not by a noticeable amount, especially regarding this application. They are pretty interchangeable in this instance.

Edit: It’s also more dense than air and N2, which also makes it a little more favorable.

Yes, but argon is actually easier to source in small quantities.

4 Likes

Extract colder. How are you equipped?

1 Like

Looks like a closed column open blast to me

When open blasting is done right it’s straight fire, just a waste of tane…

when you have the burn ward on speed dial

6 Likes

Silicon type terps

2 Likes

Have anyone decarb the flower before bho extract?

Yep. Usually in a garbage bag in a barn for a year or two. Doesn’t improve the product.

CO2 guys used to. Not sure many do these days.

4 Likes