Help affixing an LC/ELSD to a column

I’m having some difficulty figuring out how to attatch this shimadzu LC system to a smaller sized column we got for smaller scale purification than the massive pall columns we have been running.

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it hooked up- the pall columns came set up and ready to go but this was a used column and I have no idea what fitting or where the intake line should go

Anyone on here have experience with these?

I know there’s a fitting for it but I have no idea what to call it or where to look.

Thanks f42k!

Looks like a sanitary fitting to me. Most likely a 1 inch. You want to look on websites for bioprocess systems.

I don’t have experience with the shumadzu (anything shumadzu), but I’d say you’re going to crack your flow cell trying to go full speed on that. I’d make a bypass with a normal sized tube and the tube your holding go through the flow cell. Put a flow clamp on the larger tube to restrict the flow and ensure you get flow through the cell.

https://www.coleparmer.com/p/masterflex-l-s-sanitary-fitting-pump-tubing-assembly-pharmed-bpt/67621

1 Like

It’s a kf16 I believe

1 Like

Can you please illustrate this more in depth and with crayons? I am having a hard time understanding the sort of plumbing I need to do

1 Like

I am walking out to go to work now, here’s a quick drawing. Couldn’t find the crayons. Here’s all of the info I have that can potentially help you complete with video. I’ll try to find the couplers for the t-junctions that you install for your detector. I’m DM’ing you a different file for other stuff, but it seems like you’ve got most of it covered.

2 Likes

Of course “Rowans tube” is the shortest :laughing:
I’m pretty sure we have what you need in the back of the office Rowan, I’ll take a look and if I find it I’ll get it sent over to you.

3 Likes