Hello friend! Have you give regulars more rights?

Did you not read any of the posts in this entire thread?

@sidco offered multiple people multiple times to fix specific issues.

You can edit your posts, you have 24hrs to do so. After that you need to make a request to a mod.

Also, you might want to go educate yourself on the difference between the rules a private business makes for its clients vs the rules a government makes for its citizens.

2 Likes

The system doesn’t allow for that level of specificity

My bad I’m prolly confused

1 Like

The big issue here probably comes down to the fact that anyone could become a regular with a little elbow grease and all without a single real contribution, just by being humorous and present. So ultimately any tl2 can change behavior to gain tl3 long enough to game the system.

Honestly out of all this I really like the append idea… though unfortunately that might be restricted by coding and not a simple button click.

Beyond that a simple request system, like the tl4 call can probably handle the important I need this removed stuff. I know I didn’t mind having things scrubbed long ago by going through the request and patiently wait process where I personally did all the leg work to ensure my edits could all be completed concisely, as requested.

I’m just here for the drama.

You’ve created your own little world and government here on the board. So what you’re saying is your own little model of society here should not operate under the same rules and values that use so vehemently espouse yourself. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me dude.

2 Likes

@qma used me as an example of this earlier… :wink:

3 Likes

Probably closer to 1:10 tbh. I want to say 1:2 people wanting to remove something stupid they said vs people wanting to fix links and stuff. If your link or info is out of date, its time for a new thread or an update post or something. The idea of going back a year to change a post is ludicrous imo.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_tear: stop drop and dab

Some of you ain’t high or happy :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

If its not possible, what can one do? :man_shrugging:

My argument is the value is derived from the members at this point. A lot has changed since the data dump. I came on here from people talking about d8 and soxhlet and cyclopsth talking about carts. I thought it was cool how educated people were doing the same shit I was doing. I stayed for shit like the early arguments between suppliers and people experimenting (like killas open spd run)

i read 6 papers on the data dump, and never read pesticides remediation on here. Mostly watching videos

I don’t know the analytics so I’ll take your word for it but for this particular thread or debate in question I know the exact thread @qma is talking about cleaning up and fixing links and posting new videos in etc. That particular thread has pretty high traffic and responses in it. Starting a new thread to fix some links add some new data etc without all of that extra data and hundreds of posts would be far less useful.

It’s not hypocritical to think that business owners have individual liberties and their own personal rights, rights and liberties the government doesn’t have.

That’s just critical thinking.

The difference between a private business and the government is that with a private business, you can opt out.

When I signed up there was no terms of service

Furthermore, there was no statements about my posts being permanent until later on. What about posts before that time period?

Thats not true, the forum shipped with a whole FAQ/Terms of Service/Privacy and we’ve had problems because it doesn’t exactly reflect our values but it’s good enough to be left.

I have 100%, 50%, and like in the case of the forum 10% ownership in like 15 different businesses. At least 4 of them very specifically bring in $0, in fact operate at complete losses.

This site doesn’t generate any revenue, it’s still operated as a private business

1 Like

No I certainly understand all that, That’s not the point of my poking you here. I simply find it funny that your own little government model here does not match the same level of freedom you rally for online. This board should be a perfect opportunity to put all of those liberty values to the test in an open public forum. Yet you choose a model more regulated… To be honest though I’m really fucking high right now there’s a good chance I’m comprehending shit in an odd manner right now.

3 Likes

I was never shown the option. In fact later on, the tutorial was broken because deleting wasnt allowed later on, and when signing up @cart.farm , i learned about this

Some revenue doesn’t have obvious dollar value

1 Like

I have a feeling future might be more down to let people delete/edit threads and posts and it’s probably more me making a fuss about it.

@qma the tutorial keeps going after you dont delete something, you saw this too then. @KnowledgeSeth in your first DM links you to the page with guidelines, faq, privacy policy, etc. At the bottom during sign up it says “By registering, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.”

Feel free to be critical, lets just be factual about it.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @knowledgeseth display help.

Most everyone that interacts with the forum derives a shit pile of value from it, no doubt about that.

Doesn’t mean the forum itself generates any revenue.

3 Likes