Hello and Beginner Closed Loop

Hi everyone,

Been lurking on here for years. Longtime grower. In Northern California. I have made extracts in the past, open blast, dry ice and bubble hash. This year I have a lot of outdoor buds/trim ready to process into BHO.

My buddy gave me one of his old systems, but this is my first venture into closed loop.

I’m on my own to figure it out. I’ve been using search bar, and trying to get a process written down, step by step for my first run. I want to have a big whiteboard I can go down the list while I do my first few runs to make sure its done correctly and most importantly safely.

I will post pictures of my setup soon, it’s the basic 1pound generic system, but can anyone steer me to a good video to show the basic process?

System to my knowledge is 1lb system (Have an extra column) dewaxing chamber, Looks to have two" spools on the bottom, one with a metaglass sight glass and then a splatter platter. I’ve got a decent vac pump and a .09 AI vac oven as well. I will be running passive. All runs will be done outside, no ignition sources near by at all.

I’m building a DIY redneck rack system. I need to be able to just dunk collection vessel (Where extract is right?) Column would be hung on rack, with CRC mounted parallel to it. Cold Slurry tank and a tank for hot water in front? Was planning on using a bucket heater I’ve got from farm use. I can heat up a bucket of water in the barn 100 yards away and bring it to wear I’m extracting if I need it.

I will be contacting killa12345, to get recommendations on what else I need to make some quality extracts.

So questions or areas I want to address?

1. Getting collection vessel connected via hose so it is separate and I don’t have to dunk entire system.
  2. Want to add CRC
  3. Basic dummy directions, like what tanks to dunk, etc
  4. Chiller Coils ? Do I need them
  5. Any other issues I may be missing

Thanks everyone, I hope to cranking out some good soon.

2 Likes

This is a good place to start… hes way better at the camera thing than me. I use to extract and recover threw my liquid side of the tank which is about the only thing i can recall id do differently then this series…but he goes over most of the beginner to novice stuff…and the rest is on this site…

good luck

8 Likes

Thanks! Really appreciate it, and I’ll be getting remainder of my system ordered from you soon @Killa12345

1 Like