Heavy Metal Levels in Fertilizer/Soil

I am trying to pool together what information is known and available to determine if heavy metal concentrations in fertilizers and soil are at levels known to cause failed levels of heavy metals. Companies should be able to provide heavy metal analysis, but I am having trouble finding data which allow me to determine what levels are too high. Also creating a list of known or suspected products to cause failed heavy metal test could be beneficial moving forward in the regulated market.If a thread similar to this exist, please link it. I searched and could not find what I am looking for.

2 Likes

You need to ask for the MSDS forms for the products you want to use.

2 Likes

Check out this website. It is for Washington state, but the info is good.
https://agr.wa.gov/departments/pesticides-and-fertilizers/fertilizers/product-database?oldurl=pestfert/fertilizers/productdatabase.aspx

1 Like

You should look into Bio 520, I’m working with the guys in a couple grows. They have planted a majorly contaminated field and half with the product and half without and it blocks all contamination from getting into the plant and I know what you’re probably thinking but I was completely skeptical when I first heard about it and not to mention you plants will grow about 2x faster and you can check out this video where it germinates completely in less than 18hrs see the link below and if you mention my name you will get $250 off your first gallon. It also comes in a pellet and is all natural minerals. Reference Brian Tribble when you order and let them know about the $250 off your first gallon and you will be blown away by this product!

This stuff is more than the real deal and it does way more than just what I’ve mentioned in the comments

1 Like

I have, but once I have the numbers I am having trouble understanding them, and if they will cause a build up.

What is that stuff? The msds says a “a compound of water soluble minerals.” Most products that offer growth stimulation claims like that have more than just minerals In them. I wouldn’t touch the bio520 unless there’s ingredients listed or a study like https://dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/cm/abstracts/3/1/2004-0803-01-RS

1 Like

I’ve been a grower for 8+yrs. I’m currently testing and phenohunting 4 strains. Imo, it’s all seed dependent on “cracking and germ” times.
My latest cracked and has a 1/2" tap root after 24hrs in just plain tap h2o.

Tap h2o in a shot glass, then into paper towel in a zip lock after 24hrs if need. Then sow 24hrs later. No fancy water needed.

K
I
S
S

2 Likes

Sown directly into proper soil works just fine too, but this thread is about Heavy metals :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hemp has been suggested for phytoremediation.

Rumor has it, it bioaccumulates heavy metals.

which is going to make math from label claims problematic to say the least.