Heavy metal contaminated product remediation

Have come across lots of heavy metal contaminated biomass in the market now that we are independantly pretesting all biomass prior to purchase. The problem, at least in my small sampling from reputable farms, seems to be an epidemic from my vantage point.

I now have a problem with a shortage of material to run and am wondering about techniques for removing heavy metals. I am a little familiar with pesticide remediation but have no clue about the removal of heavy metals. Will distillation alone do the job or is another step/process required to accomplish this?

Thanks

3 Likes

Our T5 clay has heavy metal trapping properties when used as a scrub or filtration media. We are launching DGC (degumming clay) after the RnD period ends and that clay also helps remove heavy metals through chelation.

You can use our products on crude oil, processed crude, and distillate. We offer, both personally and through retailers, volume discounts to make these products commercially viable at scale.

Cheers.

6 Likes

Will this work for producing BHO products like shatter and sauce if used like in the BHO color remediation thread? pack some pucks in a tube and filter it through there before the collection pot?

1 Like

Yes, every reference you see to T5 clay is the same product supplied by Carbon Chemistry. It is used in both heavy metal remediation, filtration, and product improvement as seen in the CRC thread. @TriPro

2 Likes

@Killa12345🤷‍♂️ Thats what I’m running now, correct?

Yep. Now just to test material you know is failing for heavy metals. :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I wonder if this would actually work. He said its how the chinese are doing it

6 Likes

Interesting, i will give the lab a call tomorrow and see what I’m working with.

1 Like

Lead is not ferromagnetic… so it wont pull right out like iron would… There is talk of weak magnetic interactions, but those would not be suitable for rapid removal of these soil contaminants.

2 Likes

These machines already exist. Don’t reinvent the wheel. :sunglasses:

1 Like

How’s that RnD coming…I’ve got lead in my shatter!!!

1 Like

T5 is rated for heavy metal removal. Alumina and T41 are also useful.

1 Like

Spin it out

2 Likes

No resources for that, unfortunately.

Would t5 or DGC offer any benefits in remediation of nickel from contaminated material?