Heating mantle

Where are you located I can check my box tomorrow morning for a fuse

1 Like

I donā€™t even have the receptacle in mine I guessā€¦an empty holeā€¦shined a light in it

1 Like

Check the bag that had the manual and other things in, both fuse and cap might be in it?

I appreciate the helpā€¦i have 2 20l bvv mantles with no fuses

Well, honestly, if theyā€™ve made a version without a fuse maybe weā€™re barking up the wrong tree. If noone here can answer that youā€™re probably better off calling bvv in the morning to clarify and troubleshoot the issue.

Well if it was working then shut off Iā€™d like to know what temp it shut off at, cause so itā€™s upside down in the probe plug, it could very easily overshoot & the mantel throw code above heating actuator ?

1 Like

I sent them a emailā€¦we shall seeā€¦what the hell does a- ha meanā€¦canā€™t find that fault code anywhere

What cheeba just said is very true. It may very well be that itā€™s overshot the temp. There is a range between the set temp and present temp. On mine if the temp difference is above 50 degrees it throws a code.

1 Like

I used to do it all the time with 2 pin plugs :man_shrugging:t3::smirk:

Shit on a USA, itā€™ll hold negative while overshooting itā€™s a trip

I was keeping in thereā€¦then got stuck at 155c vapor tempā€¦that was itā€¦wouldnā€™t heat anymoreā€¦mantle temp was probably 205c

Letā€™s see this plug culprit

Running a hot condenser head?

its 220ā€¦ two hots and groundā€¦how can the plug be the problem?

For the temp probe itself

I switched them outā€¦

Yes but what style plug is the back end thatā€™s on the mantel for the temp probe is what weā€™re asking, it very well could be upside down if itā€™s the probe Iā€™m thinking of, which would allow your mantel to read an off temp than the head temp, which then in turn would cause the large seperation of body/ head temp not allowing flow of compounds from the flask based on that. What were your microns at?

I tried that getting to boilā€¦adjustments to pv and sv creeping up on itā€¦no luck

My plug is 3 prong and can only be inserted one way. Your plug is 4 prong. Iā€™m assuming you can also only plug it in one way, but i donā€™t know. So what cheeba ia saying about your plug inserted upside down may well be the key. Also you should not be at 205 in the boiling flask of your vapor is only at 155c. You should be closer to 175c. So your heating mantle is actually much higher than 205c.

Lol, then the picture on their page is wrong and this is even harder to figure out.

I can go down to my lab tomorrow to see if my manual has that error code in it.

Mine is three prongā€¦only one way

What is your line voltageā€¦im around 236v