Heater coil for Extraction Services Roto

Hey y’all, I’m trying to find a replacement coils for one of our 50L rotos. Manufacturer is out of business I believe (and we bought this second hand). I was hoping someone might have a line on one since they’re pretty ubiquitous. I could modify and install a water heater element but I’d rather not be doing a hip replacement on this fucker. Appreciate the assistance.

2 Likes

Just curious, did u name the roto Rebecca aka becky?

7 Likes

I’ve ordered mine from eBay in the past but They are worded weird and from China. Let me see if I can dig it up. A quick search came up without any hits.

Edit:

Here’s one but this should get you the terms you need to dial in your search.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/220v-3kw-Electric-Round-Type-Immersion-Heating-Element-Water-Heater-Resistance-/283911411437?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

3 Likes

I used across international elements when mine failed. They were direct replacements

3 Likes

I think I have a whole new 50l eco bath in storage I can check in a bit if it helps… I’d scrap it for you sid if the part fits.

1 Like

You guys are awesome!! @The_Lone_Stiller I would super appreciate if you’d DM me the info on that, I’d happily pay for pieces. I’ll also check with across and see if theirs are close to the same dimensions.

The original owner named it Rebecca, we just got a little more familiar with her

3 Likes

I’ve always wondered why you haven’t seen people upgrading their roto bath to increase thermal transfer.

It could be something as simple as attaching a motor with an off set weight on the shaft to generate vibration to increase heat transfer from the coil to the water/oil and from the water/oil to the roto bulb.

Usually it’s because the heat isn’t the limiting factor, the condenser is

4 Likes

Yes, only through the condenser can the solvent be liquefied to achieve the purpose of recovery,

You wanna attatch an electric vibrating motor to a base that also holds a bunch of chinese glass filled with solvent

Busted rotovap condensers are so shitty to behold

1 Like

We had ours set up with an on demand hot water heater that was plumbed in from outside that fired off of propane- the power outages were all to common and we could easily run two 20L rotos without fail.

Ive seen people take like 12 cheap anova immersion circulators and make a cthulu esque sacrifical bath with power cords splaying in all directions trying to find a breaker- that was a lot less skillful of an option.

I agree though, upgrading the bath with more BTUs is a good idea, the current rotovap is such a blunt object in terms of its heat transfer though

This looks different then the one you need @SidViscous sorry