Heat Guns

no no :rofl:

1 Like

To add insult to injury, just lost my second heat gun today. The heat wire split in the middle. FML

I can tell you I had one of the harbor freight ones burst into flames on me when trying to remove a bunch of decals on a car back when I detailed cars. Avoid those for sure haha.

3 Likes

i love these masters, they are pretty great, truly an industrial unit. the wagners are cool and more controllable, but the masters will last for much much longer, i got almost 2 years on mine and never had any issues, its outlived my wagner, my battery powered Milwaukee and a few harbor freight specials.

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Appliance-HG-752A-A1-Temperature-1000°/dp/B00481TTOA/ref=pd_di_sccai_7/133-9057692-9404929?pd_rd_w=LWINi&pf_rd_p=c9443270-b914-4430-a90b-72e3e7e784e0&pf_rd_r=X029Q7FR1BPX7DVAKHYS&pd_rd_r=784468e5-911a-4504-8b68-894fabfeee44&pd_rd_wg=YddES&pd_rd_i=B00481TTOA&psc=1

5 Likes

This is terrible advice, there is a reason for the cool down time. There is a reason the Wagner will out last any heat gun without a cool down fan.

Buy the extended warranty, and be done with it.

3 Likes

Yeah agreed I definitely don’t recommend doing that but it’s what I do one that single one :+1: just sharing my experience with them like I said never had one break

Steinel

Go German, Steinel HG 2320 ESD.

It’s the only heat gun I would use around flammable gases.

Ive had a harbor frieght one for nearly 18 years. This was the first ever tool I bought at harbor frieght. Think I paid $9 ad both heat functions still work today.

2 Likes

This looks like something I could get down with.

1 Like

did this once, like an idiot. lost half my beard :joy:

1 Like

One of the first labs I worked at had a dude who tried to heat a beaker w/ a considerable amount of ethanol in it still. Then it spontaneously combusted and almost burned the place down.

Edit: he worked there prior to me working there.

4 Likes

yeeeah my dumbass did something pretty similar, as much as I hate to admit it…
had one of those air stills recovering some ethanol and I opened it up and there was still quite a bit of ethanol in the mixture and I truly thought heat gunning the top of it would help lmao… It lit on fire pretty quick, but didn’t combust. The flames came up outta the still around my head tho, I remember that… My beard was fucking crispy lol

I bet it smelled delicious. Haha.

4 Likes

I once observed a tech from another country heating an open boiling flask that contained CBD crude in solution with n-hexane. It pretty much immediately caught fire; which prompted the tech to take one moment to think, pulled their sleeve over their fist and then proceeded to plug the hole of the boiling flask. Crisis averted. I saw them nursing a burn later and just gave them that look. “What you did. I saw it.” Stay safe everyone!

2 Likes

Post-roto crude w/ undertones of burnt hair by Bed Bath and Beyond

1 Like

Steinel is one of the Few with a ceramic heating element. if you are going to use a heat gun, and the heat will come in contact with the extract, using a heat gun with a metal heating element is a quick way of introducing metal shavings into the oil. and nobody wants to fail a metal test or have to pick metal flakes out of their oil

Love my Wagner. Goes to 1600. Great for lighting joints and cigs

But we’re removing residual etoh

2 Likes

i got a bad rep on here already but— i went to a chicgo cannacon and they had a device with a heater and a open hole at the top- I was thinking of joking it as a bong to my buddy. I wasnt gonna do it but it crossed my mind.
it was a heater so when the prerolls come out the roller and get put in a tube then this thing would apply heatshrink and drop it through the heater to shrink wrap the tube- not a bong I need a wrap and a tube and sell prerolls at a bar. aLL OFFICIAL LOOKING

I bought a cheap Seekone one that’s taken a lot of abuse and kept working

1 Like