Hazardous Waste Removal (solvent mixtures)

Hey all, hope this is the right spot to post.

We are having extreme trouble getting rid of our hazardous solvent waste (hexane mixtures, isopropyl mixtures, heads and tails, ect) It seems like its a broad-ranging problem where no hazardous waste companies have the space to accept more waste. Are we the only ones experiencing this? We are located in northern Colorado.

I wanted to reach out to see if anyone in the general area has connections or a waste company that is reputable or able to do waste pickups. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

We have already reached out to the following companies with no luck:
-Hazardous Waste Experts
-Colorado Hazard
-City of Loveland Waste Removal
-Larimer County Waste Removal
-Boulder County Waste Removal
-Steri-Clean Colorado

Thanks in advance

I had a vendor tell me this as well but then I immediately had found another vendor. I’m in Michigan and currently use DLD-Inc. I’m not sure if they are a Michigan only company or nation wide or midwest but if you want to look into them you can.

Other than that, it might be helpful to be clear you’re ok with paying to have it incinerated instead of recovered. I think many hazmat companies who do waste disposal try to separate or recover certain organics from waste mixtures vs sending the entirety of it to incineration. I think incineration might cost a little more. I could be completely wrong, but discussing with these companies how the waste will be handled after it’s picked up may open up some potential options.

Plus it’s always a good idea to audit any company anyway that’s picking up your hazmat for disposal…it’s too easy as a hazardous waste generator to be a responsible party of an incident. If you end up using DLD-Inc I would still suggest an audit of their facility and process even with my recommendation.

3 Likes

I’ve used Clean Management in both the Windsor and Greely Area for general lab waste. Their prices and customer service is only okay, but they are usually available for a pickup.

Obviously make sure you know exactly what is in each waste stream and document it well so you can easily show the disposal company what they are getting. Disposal of unknown waste is very expensive.

3 Likes

Clean Management is also who I use - they are a national company and have never turned me down. I schedule my pickups out about 3 weeks - and they are consistent in showing up for that and accept CYB, 5 gallon pails, and 55 gallon drums of mixed waste, cannabis materials, and aqueous wastes.

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the replies! Really appreciate it. Definitely got some leads. I’ll be inquiring further about recovery/incineration, and will be contacting these guys today or Monday.