Hazard Analysis/CCP's/BHO

Hello-I am new to this platform/ industry and trying to learn quickly. Recently, I was tasked with creating a Quality Plan for extraction, which includes the remediation process. I have identified the critical control points or the ones I believe are critical points: the packaging of the crc with media and the cleaning of the equipment. Is this enough? Am I overlooking anything? Any guidance or information would be most appreciated.

Remediation of what persay?

There’s a lot more CCPs to identify on a BHO system IMO but it depends on the scope of your plan- are you writing the plan for the purpose of including the end product in a packaged food item?

1 Like

residual solvents in products would be one, which is already taken care w/ state compliant testing. action item there would be to quarantine product that fails resids

1 Like

I dont know anything about BHO, but there should be a hazard analysis for every step you take in your process…

Evaluate reevaluate, try in practice and reevaluate again…

What are materials your working with, are they glass,plastic, anything that could damage the end product (wich must be defined as Rowan says)

I have many things go wrong and I only found out about it when being knee deep into the process :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes definetly an SOP for residual testing parameters meet for national law compliance:))

2 Likes

exactly, how many different ways could your product get fucked up and make an action plan for each and measures in place to prevent that from happening, even when you’re not there.

3 Likes

I built a program that spits out HAACP plans all neatly formatted and it’s quite fast if you’re interested I can take your plan and input it, I’ll upload a sample later tonight, I’m building a plan for a frozen pizza company right now.

2 Likes

It was /is for heavy metals. I would like to have one general which includes remediation and yes to include the final product packaged. One of the replies mentioned glass which had in mind to include.

Correct, I agree. our validation that the CRC worked. Thank you that makes sense. will include this as a corrective action.

Materials used are ones mentioned in this platform, DE, silica…There is glass which will be included.

Due to COVID I cannot be in the facility so I have feedback from the operator and a flow chart.

Great feedback.

Thank you, very true.

Wow, very curious about your platform. I would love to learn more about it.

Thank you all. Your feedback was very helpful and allowed me to finish my report.