Hasheshene

Ok so I can here by confirm that our assumption that if there is hasheshene in your
Cannabis derived terpenes your good and have a real cannabis derived product is now not so sure

Thanx to @dutchmulti for hooking me up

14 Likes

The synthetic hashishene floating around EU right now made from myrcene is more like 60% purity and loaded with a ton of nasty stuff. Send it to a lab and thank me later.

9 Likes

Send me a lil sample and I do the chromatogram. :man_detective:

4 Likes

What is hasheshene?

2 Likes

Allegedly a terpene typical of Moroccan hashish.

3 Likes

Will do send me a dm with specs

Hashishene is in just about every cannabis/hemp terpene. It’s not uncommon at all. It just gets a lot of praise because it doesn’t exist in other plants. The synthetic version that’s being sold right now is not safe for consumption and the lab producing it knows this.

3 Likes

That might all be treu
Yet the assumption we used to have that if there is hasheshene inside it must be real cannabis derived holds no ground even at 60% for any readout will see it

1 Like

No, it’s being converted from isolated Myrcene. The sample you’re holding is not cannabis derived. I am certain of this.

1 Like

That is correct it s made by UV irradiation
Of B myrcene in a lab

2 Likes

All of the Moroccan I have had smelled like degraded terpenes. Is it produced by oxidation or UV?

EDIT: @Roguelab beat me to it!

3 Likes

I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were suggesting your hashishene was cannabis derived. Now I see what you meant.

There are so many other markers to indicate if a terpene is truly cannabis derived. Pretty much every terpene isolate has major red flags that would not exist in true cannabis/hemp terpenes. So I wouldn’t worry about this skewing the ability of a lab to differentiate real from fake. A lot of processors are adding 10-20% isolates to hemp/cannabis terpenes and it’s quite obvious when this happens if you know what you’re looking for. Hashishene can also show up in residual amounts in some terpene isolates I’m told however I have not seen accounts of this firsthand.

Perhaps the lab making this got their act together and your sample is clean. I would be very supportive if they did so please share the results after. I would not assume it’s safe for consumption until you get it tested. Beta-Myrcene is already a mess as far as stability is concerned and the samples of this I’ve seen have been nasty.

5 Likes

The crop are traditionnaly sun cured.
I think some changed the method this last decade, with the strain hash.

Traditional one also always do contain 2-3% cbd.

5 Likes

Bumping