Hash water waste

They are small and contained in amazingly small quantities when looking at the composition of what makes up the smell of cannabis.

2 Likes

Op missed a golden opportunity to have the name “HeadstashWaterHash”

2 Likes

I know man, I literally booked a hotel room last night and when I got to it it was closed! I had to sleep in the truck and yea that shit sucks

4 Likes

Trademark it now! That name is gold!

1 Like

Sorry for being retarded guys I was smoking while this was going on so that shit didn’t help lol

2 Likes

Do you know of a lab that tests for thiols?

@kcalabs can you?

I can test some of my stuff and see if there’s any in any part of my membrane wax (wax portion, cannabinoids, or solvent)

I dont think extracting with water would he much different then extracting with a solvent when it comes to those ( i could be wrong though )

I think this is kind of uncharted territory. I would think @drjackhughes would be one of the only folks who would have real insights on this, but he’s bound by an NDA and won’t give us much to chew on.

5 Likes

@Kingofthekush420 we do not test for them, specifically. We could do so on our LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS if there is a need.

2 Likes

Yes, i offer skids for stripping water. It breaks azeotrope too.

4 Likes

Skids for *aromatic (terps +) stripping water from a water hash waste stream? Sorry to ask again. There seems to be some confusion on what is being asked for. Haha

2 Likes

Oh woops. No, I meant stripping water from alcohol. Though this, too, ought to be doable and extremely cheap since it’s a non-flammable system.

6 Likes

Well, if you figure it out first, you get first access to waste stream revenue for all of the water hash producers out there. This is a product that will sell itself when done right.

6 Likes

Sure, put me in touch with someone who’d like to try it. We can put together a test for very little cost.

3 Likes

Aw hell, I’ve known for a while that tubular ceramic pervaporation membranes such as king’s and magister’s would crush this application.

3 Likes

@headwatershash, what do you think about linking up with @MagisterChemist? I’ve had the opportunity to see his skids in action (amazing!), and he is a good and knowledgeable person who I fully support. Seems like a win-win for everyone! I’d jump on the opportunity if I could.

3 Likes

Have you proven this?

Like with actual test results

Sure, I can give COAs to anyone who wants to inquire. And this is 30 year old technology (largest alcohol refinery in Japan uses membranes only) so I’m not sure why you think it’s difficult.

EDIT: and by the way to everyone you don’t have to go with me or kotk to purchase this either – there’s like 5-10 companies who have implemented this on industrial scale. It’s a fully worked technology. It has it’s own wikipedia article lol.

16 Likes

That edit is some classy, baller shit, @MagisterChemist! Again proving why I will always recommend your services when I can!

9 Likes

This could be an epic game changer for solventless

2 Likes

Could be a better alternative to steam distillation as well…

2 Likes