Hash oil

What solvent or solvent mixes is everyone using now a days to make the best hash oil product, not distillation, products like bho or similar. I’m curious what the best solvent or solvent mixes are now a days to help make products better color, more stable, and more terpy. Of course this is going to be answered based off people’s opinion. But I’m wanting to hear people’s opinion and see people’s products if possible in picture form to compare solvents and solvent mixes.

2 Likes

Solvents and solvent blends are generally chosen based on what you are trying to do, and the type of equipment available.

If you are new, use Everclear (drinking alcohol - ethanol 190 proof). It is probably the safest, especially considering that residual solvent left in your product is harmless.

Ethanol wash with very cold (frozen) alcohol will give you an acceptable product, but it will probably be pretty green.

I’m looking to use n-tane or some sort of 99.999 percent butane

I will assume that you wish to extract on a small scale (pound or less at a time) What equipment do you have? Brand names are not really important now, what types do you have. Glassware? Stainless closed loop? Vacuum chamber, etc.

Quickest and safest gas extraction is probably with butane (Colibri brand is good). Don’t open blast. buy proper equipment…and read, read, read.

I am running a all stainless steel closed loop now a days, I will be doing 5lb runs on average

Butane should be fine. Just make sure that your system will hold that much plant material, plus the butane. Since you have stainless stuff, I assume that you also know the safety rules. The biggest and most important point is…NEVER EXTRACT IN YOUR HOME.

My runs are mostly hobby sized (i.e. around a pound, or less). I will defer to those with experience on larger runs.

I have a completely separate area out of the house. I have a 50lb solvent tank and a collection base that I was told holds 50lbs of solvent but I do not believe that it does. I have small tubes up to a large tube that will run 5lbs. I’ve got a pretty nice basic entry level setup. I currently use whip it 5x butane but I’m looking for a source of 99.99 percent butane