Hash Cellophane/wrap

I was wondering if any of you guys know what type of cellophane can be used to press hash (maroccan style).

I guess you need something heat resistant as the press will be slightly hot.

Also something food grade no?

Looking for this result

1 Like

Turkey bags work well. Just get a straight walled glass bottle and fill it with hot water. Or some metal rolling pins and throw them into a portable oven or crock pot to preheat them
Place hash between the turkey bags and press down slowly

5 Likes

The cellophane used for. Marocan hasj
Is a real cellophane not plastic
To get to the original look there are a few steps involved

Get the right sized bag and pressing mold

Fill the bag with a spoon not easy to get the 100 gr inside with some additional spoon pressing
Once in fold the bag closed and tape it shut with crystal clear tape only the folded part
Take a ice popstical woody and push in the 4 corners gently not perforating the
Cellophane bag
Take a needle and make a bunch of holes on all sides of the bag
Mold the bag to fit the pressing mold
Take a kitchen cling foil roll and cut it in half the thickest quality you can find
For restaurants they have this pink colored one Wich is best

Give your molded bag 2 tight wraps of cling foil on all sides

Pinch holes again in the clingfish/cellophane with a needle all sides

Place in press mold and press gently
1 ton is sufficient in most cases but
More pressure can be done

Once pressed take out of the mold and place in a vacuum sealed bag
The cheap kitchen vacuum sealers are fine 6 hasj plates per bag

Take the vacuum sealed bag and drop this in hot boiling water for no more than 5 min this will make the clingfish shrink and give those ripples you desire in your cellophane. And depending of how long you leave them in hot water
The oouter skin of the hasj plate can be manipulated to a dark mirror shine

Let it cool a bit inside the vacuum bag
Then cut bag open
Remove clingfish and voila your fresh pressed Marocan hasj looks like a plate made a year ago and had endured the heat and abuse of it s voyage
Have fun
Regards,
Roguelab

15 Likes

Damn thanks for complete SOP

Will give it a try. Much appreciated.

I have a 5"x3" press. I guess i dont even need to heat the press if im going to boil them

No in general no need to heat the press
Althou some cbg kief need s help if it was loaded with less than 20% oil and has a low cbg content of it s own

1 Like

5x3 inch is an unusual size for Marocan plates so that might raise questions
The most frequent size used is that if a pack of Marlboro cigs
I get the cellophane bags from marocco
And the craziest is that for years I hear all Marocan bags are produced in the Netherlands but I can not figure out where so I yust buy them in the mountains
Any hasj player can spot an original bag from a mile away so get the right bag

3 Likes

O another giveaway if beeing fake is weight a original Marocan hasj kg of 10 plates not 1 plate will weigh a 100 gr exact there is always some evaporation drying from it s start to consumer
So having an exact kilo is weird

1 Like

Similar effect can be achieved wrapping the cellophane package in newspaper and wetting it with water and do that a few times and then put it in the oven, then apply pressure.

2 Likes

Treu , but at scale it a though one
Having 1000 plates wrapped in papers and then oven dry etc those in europe that are making these at scale are at 300 kg a day crazy labor amounts

2 Likes

Personally I used a pressure cooker bag and it worked pretty good last time

Granted I used it as a stress ball (literally) for a month or two but it held up well!

3 Likes

why poke the holes?

Once the celofane bag is sealed shut
Putting pressure on it with the press will make it explode

3 Likes

no second wrap after pressing to ensure the product is properly sealed up from the elements?