Has anyone tried this isobutane blend?

Has anybody who uses cans for solvents ever tried this stuff yet? I’ve yet to try a predominantly isobutane mix, but if it has mercaptans then there goes that.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has thought of these cans.

2 Likes

Most likely 100% that gas has the stink

2 Likes

Saw this on amazon. I assumed it stunk Since it was for cooking

1 Like

Yeah, I kinda figured it stunk. I’d like to try running iso, but don’t feel like getting a 20lb tank.

My rocket stove crushes on that gas​:sweat_smile::joy:

2 Likes

Not sure which, but some canned gas has higher % of iso, not sure of pure iso in cans

1 Like

It looks like most of em are an 80/20 mix. Iso/propane.

I actually like that little bit of propane in the mix.

1 Like

Whip it premium 420ml cans or blue fame 70/30 only. Good can blends I know of

3 Likes

I was using the whipit premium for a while, then I’ve switched to pure tane recently, but I’m realizing I like the propane in the mix.

Figured I’d like to try a iso heavy mix since I haven’t tried that, see if I can notice the difference.

2 Likes

Whipit premium has nice tri blend, like 54/24/22 or something close
I had great results with it

5 Likes

Though I guess whipit has a good enough percentage of all three it should cover all the bases.

3 Likes

Next time I need to refill, I’m going to switch back I think.

2 Likes

I switched to 25lb tank, i love it, n butane for now. But im going to get some blends soon

This neat little video is interesting, he is removing mercaptans with potassium hydroxide. Wouldn’t do this personally, but cool nonetheless.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m just rocking a little 6lb tank. I got it for like 50 bucks, was a steal.

2 Likes

I ultimately need a second 25# or 50# with sights, my tank now has none.
I feel it would crush to see into recovery, and then use the second tank, with clean gas, to top off between runs

2 Likes

I basically copied the whip it blend I liked it so much. Used it for years open blasting. Then went to cls and 70/30. Didn’t like it as much so switched to 60/20/20 a few years ago and never looked back

7 Likes

The Lil 6lb mastercool green bean huh? Same :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Puretane is a nice one too. Though that’s n-butane. I add pure tane to my tank of whip it every now and then. I actually did an extraction and had some left over heated water in the base and post extraction I did an experiment to see if the color would change. So what I did was I based a little bit of puretane into the recovery port and I swirls it around a little bit. It made the concentrate lighter and gold. I released the tane and then I decided to do the same with whip-it premium 420ml and it made it a little more amberish gold.