Has anyone ever seen such high CBC in a distillate test?

I use this lab a lot I trust their testing, is it just a misread isomer of d9thc?

Delta 10, most likely.

2 Likes

I second that. If you know someone with a GC, the d10 peaks don’t overlap with CBC.

Are you in California?

3 Likes

I am in Maine

Darn. I’m in NorCal so I can’t easily check the sample for you on our GC.

I can tell you the method we use if you know someone with a GC.

1 Like

Hey just curious. Did you figure put why you had high CBC test %% ?? Was it in your crude oil? Or the distillation method?? I just had about same results in CBC in my last test. Is very similar to your test in picture

So working with a CBD extractor seeing high CBC numbers. Used the delta CUP30, cold ethanol on good quality hemp 12-16%, Decarb under vacuum. It’s up to 10%cbc in the crude. 60%CBD Just like most crude

Any CBG in the crude will convert to either CBC or THC in acidic conditions…you got lucky it stopped at CBC and didn’t mess with your THC levels.

Edit: added information.

3 Likes

Something on that note I’ve noticed, basic conditions will isomerize CBC into… something else that’s not generally tested for. Haha

Your probably right. Their flower looks better then most

It goes to 6-CBD(the equivalent of d8 in Thc)

3 Likes

Neat! Are there standards for that yet?

Standards would Unlikely to be commercially available

2 Likes

One thing weve noticed is when we make delta 10 through distillation it also makes cbl through side isomerizations, I’d guess you’re making cbl since basic conditions cause d10

1 Like

How’d you identify it, chromatography followed by NMR?

It would be something along those lines. The structure is reported in a paper on cannabinoids in basic conditions

Higher levels CBC hemp is a thing. Confirmed the HPLC results by GC. The sample I analyzed had barely any “d10”.

1 Like

That’s what I was wondering, thank you

I can send you samples any time if your open