Has anyone compiled terpene strain data?

Hey

Just curious if anyone’s bothered to find any regularities in terpene content breakdown and strain data?

Curious if there’s any consistency in different growers’ blue dream, or cookies, or anything like that.

Even just the major ones (limonene, pinene, beta carophylebe, linalool etc.)

if I recall correctly, phylos data shows that the “blue dream” moniker has been put on more strains than any other

2 Likes

Many of the COA’s I’ve received recently from seed vendors include a breakdown of terpenes.
Edit: Abacus 2.0

5 Likes

Having compiled the data myself of 40k strains you are correct. Blue dream has one of the highest variances alongside Sour Diesel but that’s to be expected. Beta caryophellene is also the terp found in the highest amounts on average.

6 Likes

Godly…

1 Like

Holy shit. What sorts of terrible, illegal, and/or immoral things would I have to do to get my hands on some of that sweet sweet data?

5 Likes

Similar things I had to do to obtain it :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

python script against confident cannabis or leafly?

@anon81723932?

3 Likes

https://www.marijuanagrowing.com/showthread.php?23520-Limonene
https://www.marijuanagrowing.com/showthread.php?23067-Linalool
These are just from a website which I actually found interesting because when they first started testing the terpene % were over 2 % which could either mean they changed their protocols or it could mean people started breeding for higher Cannabinoid than terps.
I have another couple journal articles I can upload later.

Justin Fishedick has done some work in this regard, but id be super interested to compare commercial grower’s data if they have gathered. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5436332/

Screenshot 2020-02-19 18.38.17

6 Likes

It’d be smarter to do it on a lab :shushing_face:

1 Like

Good point.

I figure Confident Cannabis has data from dozens of labs…

But you’re right, individual labs are likely easier targets :thinking:

Speaking of soft targets, does metrc store terpene profiles yet?!?

3 Likes

Some of them are in the CoA that’s attached. It’s not a bcc requirement to have terpene tests. It’d also be a pain in the ass to build a script that read through all the coas. It’s much easier to find the html that labs attach to coas :muscle:

2 Likes

If you do this send me the profiles lol

1 Like

I’d be happy to donate the terpene profile certificates I have from my cannabis derived terpenes to your data.

Sour diesel
Blood orange
Lemonato (cross strain)
Tahoe OG
Gelato (paperwork coming soon)

Not a lot but enough drops fill up a bucket!

Maybe @terpenescali and @Betroit might have some to throw in as well!
I know they have much more of a selection than I.

4 Likes

Is there a good way to make a centralized drive or data dump for this?

I could upload my calculator to a google docs.

There really isn’t a central repository with strain terpene data publicly available because why would someone give that away for free? Of course its going to cost money

You probably could scrape leafly strain by strain where terpene profiles are available

On confident cannabis youll only have test data that a lab sends you (thats how it worked when I was using it over a year ago) So you could scrape your own results from your CC account but that seems kinda dumb. Unless you have 1,000s of results associated to your CC account. Even then, there probably is an export to CSV function.

Edit: CC now has a Marketplace festure I wasnt aware of that maybe could get data from but I would have to be able to login in to a CC accoint to see @cyclopath

1 Like

An no Metrc doesnt persist terpene profiles because its just a chain of custody application. metec doesnt persist facility data in a centralized fashion. You can only access objects from your own facility.

1 Like

I used to scrape data from the CC website until I read the terms of service. I wanted an easy way to import results into my seed to sale tracking software.

CC terms of use don’t allow scraping of data, even your own.

you shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from any web pages contained in the Website (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (f) you shall not access Our Properties in order to build a similar or competitive website or service; (g) except as expressly stated herein, no part of Our Properties may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means

I ended up asking the lab for the result xml files they send to CC, and grabbed results from there. The CC website had no good way to export test results. That was a couple years ago, may have changed.

1 Like