Harvest Right

Place an order yesterday for a small freeze dryer stainless steel harvest right, But i would like some help on finding a part, so this is the pump that comes with the freeze dryer, allot of you guys are familiar with these.

& this is the part i would like to add to the pump

I do not know what kind of adapter i would need yet alone the name of these things.
a name with a link would be helpful, thank you.

1 Like

Harvest right sends you a pretty standard rotary vane it probably has NPT connections, I doubt the pump comes with a kf25 connection like the pump vapor trap you posted has. You will see those connections on labratory rotary vanes like the pumps Edwards makes.

You should be able to get an oil vapor trap with NPT connections though.

Considering what it is though, I wouldn’t spend 150 on that across international one. For that price 'd rather build a big ass one myself.

3 Likes

Do you have a link you can post please

If you can get the information for the thread size that’s tapped into the top of the oil res right here 20190422_142319
You can get an adapter for that to 3/4" MNPT and just use one of these regular oil filters.

https://m.autozone.com/ignition-tune-up-and-routine-maintenance/oil-filter/stp-extended-life-oil-filter/663653_720889_6864?location=Oil%20Filter

There are probably media options that make more sense than the one that I posted for this specific application. The one I posted is a synthetic resin media filter, one that uses a kind of filter paper would be better in this instance, probably the cheaper option too.

Ebay!

Threaded vac pump fitting to a kf fitting. Kf fitting to an oil mist filter. Kf clamps plus o-rings will.be needed. My elcheapo mist filter works GREAT, and was only 47.00.
Both I bought off ebay

4 Likes

Why are u spending money on an oil mist filter?
I’d spend my money on a badass liquid nitrogen cold trap, to collect those precious Terps :wink:
And upgrade that pump…

8 Likes

thats pretty cool, but like i posted above already, i dont know the name of these things, so that does not help me, Just links.

also i am using it for Both purpose Food and making water hash rosin.

can you post the links to all of this?

would a digital vacuum gage be good to get? if so what kind?

I have a oil less harvest right vacuum pump for sale if anyone doesn’t want to wait the six week lead time

do you still have that pump?

1 Like

anyone tell me why when the pump kicks on in dry cycle it says over 2500 Torr and starts to spew oil? its the 6cfm eliminator harvestright freeze dryer.

1 Like

You gotta whack that bitch! Smack it like a bad dog for spewing oil at you!
Sorry, I wish I had a better answer! But at least I’m bumping this post for you, and hopefully someone has had a similar experience and a fix…

1 Like

Do you have the rubber o-rings in the hose in place? That stock pump is trash it lasted 2 cycles for me and harvest right gave me the runaround on replacement. The terpenes ruin the seals in short time. 2500 torr is not going to cut it.

I ended up replacing with an alcatel pump and can pull down much faster/deeper and I just replace the oil every run using milkhouse pump oil.

2 Likes

It was late last night, but my medium unit came in. Kinda excited :grin:

4 Likes

yes its the stock pump… the eliminator. I think you are right the pump is just useless might have to replace.

1 Like

Yeah I plan on replacing my harvest right stock pump with a leybold

Check out HIGHVAC. You can use “broxtek” as the discount code Vacuum Pumps – HIGHVAC Corporation

Update:

Harvest Right has a shit standard for shipping. First unit (pictured above) had a crack door and damage to all sides. The large one they sent to replace it, doesn’t even come on… real shitty, and now we’re stuck in a bind with a hella expensive consult that’s on site.

3 Likes