Hardening moon rocks

Hey,

I*m looking for tips to make my moon rocks harder. I applied distillate with a brush on my buds, rolled them in the kief and let them dry for 4 days now, but they are still a bit sticky and soft. Does anyone of you has some advice for me how to make them harder?
Thanks!

start with rock hard buds?

2 Likes

I did start with a hard bud, but the issue seems to come from the distillate. Maybe someone has a technique to harden the distillate.

Re distill your disty under VERY tight parameters. Ensure you’re heads/volatiles are completely removed. Or just use PROPERLY made Δ8THC for that super hard rock like consistency.

6 Likes

^This right here. D9 THC is a viscus oil at room temp, meaning it’s not really ever going to get all that hard. D8 however, can mostly be shattered like glass at room temp. Therefore using properly made D8 is probably your best option.

2 Likes

so we’re back to smoking ∆8?

what is that about anyways? I remember there was a thing about ∆8 for only oral

2 Likes

No that was just my craigslist ad you must’ve seen. D8 FOR ORAL

15 Likes

Depending on who makes it, and how it was cleaned up. I was 1 of the people that had gotten a bad batch of D8. At least it fucked my lungs up. That’s not to say that I wouldn’t smoke it again, but I certainly wouldn’t smoke anything that looks like the red dragon!
If he wants his moonrocks hard, outside of freezing them, properly made D8 is the best way just because of it’s affinity to get hard at room temp.

3 Likes

You could also use a non decarbed extract. For hard moon rocks we use slightly heated stable shatter. The final product is hard as a rock at room temp.

5 Likes

I also was one of those people ! Still can’t dab without wheezing and I’m still for sure coughing more. Straight flower or straight wax in carts for me works well.

1 Like

@EscalatedExtractor is spot on. Don’t use distillate. Use a stable extract, get it hot enough to be runny but not decarb in the time it takes to apply

3 Likes

Thank god, cooler heads shall prevail!

d9 is glass-like at higher 90 percentages just like d8

I think d9 that high is just more rare.

7 Likes

I thought no such thing existed.

Yeah I’m confused, I thought pure D8 and D9 were identical in their physical characteristics? As long as it’s isolate it should be hard at room temp.

OP what’s the strength oil you’re using, is it D9 and how are you applying it? You say you’re using a brush, but I’ve never heard of that technique, can you share a pic of your moon rocks?

I thought the typical method was to freeze the oil, crush into powder and then dust the flower in a freezer room?

Nah it does, most of us that properly can make it just don’t put it on flower.

There’s a reason the d8 community got very tight here.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQmIW6mlveF/?utm_medium=copy_link

Sticky buggaz

3 Likes

I think everyone on here is running closed loop with some pressure. I remember my old open blast runs were the shatteriest of shatters. open blast over a nug. sugar it and purge lightly?

PGR buds coated with boof oil and rolled in trichome stalks. Thats the industry standard.

7 Likes

Ugh, it really is, I’d like to change that.

It’s not even expensive to buy good THCa hemp and make moon rocks with it, considering most D8 rocks are sold at 10-15/g. Just get good THCa hemp and roll in dusted flash frozen D8. You can ethically resell it without retesting if the flower and oil start clean.

1 Like