GW Pharmaceuticals stock rises 45% yesterday

I know Im going to get shit for this post bc corporate MJ Pharma is “the enemy”. Personally I have some big resentments against certain pharmaceutical companies like Purdue Pharma. However, with all the buzz going around with trading recently I thought some of you may be interested to know that GW Pharmaceuticals Stock Increased by 45% yesterday. I’d be a liar if I told you it was a solid investment Bc I know little to nothing about trading. I like to play around on Robinhood, which i don’t recommend as a trading app. Again, i don’t take these things seriously, Inwould compare it to like a fantasy football league with friends or something. Since Robinhood has given me issues I think I’m going to switch to TD Ameritrade or WeBULL. Love to hear your experience and your opinions on the subject, thanks for reading. Hope you have a great day, it’s up to you!

1 Like

This stock increase is related to them completing a Phase 3 clinical trial last year which has just been published. Its a very promising drug for MS and will probably make them a tight profit, since there are a lot of people out there with MS and very limited drug options as a solution.

The product is already available in Europe - so this is just the market surging around it finally becoming available in the US (maybe? Hopefully? who knows…)

7 Likes

They just sold to Jazz for 7.4 billion I believe.

Jazz is Irish owned! Go IRISH

4 Likes

Well that explains it, case closed lol. Thanks for the information. It is so refreshing and kind of mind blowing to be able to get concise yet comprehensive replies like yours within minutes of posting. This community is pretty sweet.

When i put my personality agenda of fiscal success aside, and focus on what is best for people I can’t argue that federal legalization would be in the best interest of everyone except for those of us trying to make a living off the skills we have acquired.

1 Like

Looks like your right. Very interesting, Jazz makes sleeping medication.

2 Likes

This is a big deal for the Cannabis industry in general. We are going to be seeing either a lot of lawsuits coming from this company aimed at anyone infringing on the patents they own or we are going to see a lot of companies getting bought up and corporatized.

7 Likes

I would bet that we see both. A lot of small companies bought out and a lot of lawsuits to shut down anyone that will try and take a piece of their pie.

2 Likes

Agreed, I’ve learned everything from CO2 extraction technology/ methodology, recrystallization techniques, water soluble tech, etc. They have at least 30 different patents out there. It’s hard to wrap my brain around how they could possibly enforce them with so many of us using their IP in some variation.

I want to get ahead before corporatization come along so I can be receiving one of those buy outs lol. I have a long way to go.

It is a controversial and important topic to me. It becomes a moral issue of what is best for the people of our country or my own personal gain. Regarding the people we look at issues most consisting of imprisonment and being able to save lives both physically and mentally. Now obviously, “the people” come first, but when I talk to most canna Buisness owners or Industry folk like myself. I find that the majority do not want corporatization even at the expense stated above.

Is there a middle ground that I’m not seeing? Both medical and pharmaceutical do need very tight regulation so they can insure safe / consistent product. Plus doing extensive control group trials seems to give quantitative data which is needed for all sorts of liability if someone does have an adverse effect.

I agree not totally sure that they would be able to enforce their patents but it’ll be interesting to watch it play out.

Most legit CBD companies do have very tight regulations to ensure quality and consistency and most are actively participating in some sort of clinical study or have participated in one.

We are currently participating in a liver toxicity study that will be submitted to the FDA

I feel like its really hard to enforce most of their stuff because of the documented prior art. There have been books, magazines, pamphlets, etc. about a lot of these methods in some variation long before pharma came a long to make something specific.

Plus the real meat here is their delivery method and controlled release aspects - and what most people are doing is similar but not the same. And its the tiny differences that take the cake, eh?

It’ll be a real mess, even they have to worry about being sued: Canopy Growth suing GW Pharma over patented CO2 process

They may only try to take down large companies that pose as competetion, and just drown out the small guys. CBDistillery will be up there for either a buy out or as competition. I was working at ExtractLabs when it was a garage we were always trying to keep up with yall lol.

The Liver toxicity question has been one I’ve almost forgotten about. Ill be curious to see what the results are. You be some of the only people that will know how much CBD the body can actually handle and the dose accordingly.

Your right reputable companies are having to become compiant with GMP, ISO 9001, etc., but do you think the FDA will require drug control group trials for things such as a tincture in order for it to be on the shelves? I suppose that depends on if its considered a nutraceutical or they schedule it?

Agreed, it will be difficult to enforce. It just seems so planned out, ya know? Like they know how this will end, in the court room. Patent law is something I know nothing about, but what I’ve heard is with a chemical process or a mechanical machine you can just change 3 minor details and create your own patent.

Like you said, I think the issue will be the formulated product, delivery systems, etc. Such as their Epidiolex for a spicific form of adolesent seizers.

Thats wild, so Canopy is sueing GW for using their patented subcritical extraction and then using a pressure change to seperate oil from solvent, and their patented pre-decarbing of the biomass pior to extration. This is so silly, I couldnt read anymore.

Canopy’s attack It’s actualy quite genius. Since Canopy has offices in Austin, Tx They are forcing the hearing to take place in Austin, Tx bc GW has been selling, marketing, promoting, etc their Epidiolex in TX. This is interesting.

3 Likes

This part

1 Like