Guerilla growing

Growing weed outdoor in hot climate.

Hi guys wondering if anybody have some experience in outdoor guerilla growing weed in hot climate where there is scarcity of water ?
Perhaps like Spain in the EU or Cali in the USA ?
I come acc rose of this two solution

1. Polymers :https://www.researchgate.net/publication/276139519_Biodegradable_Superabsorbent_Hydrogel_IncreasesWater_Retention_Properties_of_Growing_Media_and_Plant_Growth

2.Olla :How to Use Olla Irrigation to Water Efficiently

Shere your knowledge with us at forum future4200:)

I live in socal and ive been growing outdoor for years. Some years where I’m at its gotten to 115f so I’d say it gets hot down here… ive seen those things and had a few people throughout the years use them… I didnt hear any bad things but I also didnt really hear they were the fix all to hot weather either. Im curious to see if some of the guys here have used them before with good or bad results

Get yourself a good drip irrigation system and a timer if your worried about hot weather killing your plants. You can’t go wrong with water on a timer a few times a day in the heat :love_you_gesture:

Check these out ive heard some good things from other growers but ive never tried them myself.

4 Likes

Oh man this shit takes me back… Number one find a helicopter shelter :wink: always good to have that on hand

Uhhhh, so what I did was take a fucking badass SUV, got new shocks on it, ripped out the seats and stuffed a 400gal (or 300, i forget) tank in the back. Tint the windows. I did all my work at night - hella hydro tables set up with pump systems/holes for gravity feeding. Avoid everyone when carrying water. Make your whip look as inconspicuous as possible. LEARN HOW TO USE RADIO SCANNERS AND KNOW YOUR LOCAL FREQUENCIES YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING (to me that’s one of the biggest). Make friends out there - you’ll fucking need them, especially if it’s an oh shit situation. Keep any and all equipment out of the way, those camo net-tents are fucking amazing. Consider those. Angry sounding dogs even if they’re sweethearts. The sound of dogs will keep fuckers away. Having the reputation of ‘armed lunatic’ helps a lot in backwoods areas, too. They will be very polite to you. Grease the wheels in the areas as much as possible - tip well at local businesses (above well, even) - treat people with LOTS of respect in the area and generally carry yourself as ethically as possible and give as many opportunities to the locals as much as possible without putting your balls and a butcher knife in their hand. Do your work super early in the morning or hella late at night, my watering was usually done at night also. The stooges were the daytime people, if you’re the guy that makes sure shit doesn’t go downhill do it all alone as much as possible - hearing whiny ass excuses from the crew makes you second guess yourself and with setups like that and lose time. I’m not saying don’t listen to your crew and be a team player - but if you know how to fix it just fix it asap and let them whine later without a pissing match. It’s surprising this needed to be said, but shit man you’d be surprised how these things go, you let some dickhead move pots for 2 months and they think they’re Jorge Cervantes

I’ll probably think of more later.

11 Likes

Humates are what make dark soil dark and beneficial in a lot of ways. One of those ways is management of water uptake. Light clay is the worst, the closer your soil looks to compost, the less water your plants will require.

Ironically on another thread here about growing where there is too much water instead of too little, raised beds around a wet area were mentioned. Someone also mentioned “swamp socks” which are fabric sleeves of soil for growing in wet areas. They basically work as sub irrigated planters. So if you could make a pond, that would water your plants for you.

3 Likes

Less water smaller plants. More water bigger plants. Cannabis will try to live , it just wont thrive without sufficient water and food. A big plant needs a minimum of 8L of water a day…really once its hot it could easily gobble up twice that .

1. shade cloth
  2. drip irrigation/ water tanks
  3. dig big holes and replace native soil with a good soil mix

like @Ghostyy420 mentioned for getting h20 to the plants you could try a blumat , you just cant feed nutrients with them.

https://www.amazon.com/Blumat-10520-Automatic-Watering-X-Large/dp/B008SR2VTK/ref=pd_lpo_86_t_1/136-1214971-3657545?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B008SR2VTK&pd_rd_r=4fbd8343-d6b6-4f64-a9bc-6b7651526959&pd_rd_w=A9SOM&pd_rd_wg=Vsc50&pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&pf_rd_r=CTENZ4M8H5N36Q919MH9&psc=1&refRID=CTENZ4M8H5N36Q919MH9

2 Likes