Grow room fans

Looking for recommendations on fans for the grow rooms. Original designer didn’t like fans for personal reasons but the money men are starting to make their own decisions and asked me about installing fans. Each room is about 25’x80’ ish. Are the basic 18" hurricane oscillating ones the standard go to or is that old school tech? I’ve seen some larger nicer looking fans that seems geared towards greenhouse and larger spaces but am not sure if they work for smaller spaces…

The oscillating hurricane fans are old school. Get yourself some Schaefers (they have a lot of sizes) and one of their vertical airflow fans if you can. You want your fans to be mounted and placed in a way where oscillation isn’t necessary

5 Likes

schaefer fans are great. Oscillating will work. I prefer to install a “wind tunnel”

4 Likes

Also, if you wanna go the extra mile, these under canopy airflow setups are getting popular. Here’s an image of what I use. Less than $200 a table for this setup

7 Likes

You guys are awesome for the quick replies. I don’t want to ask anyone to hold my hand but, where can I learn how to size and space the fans correctly for my spaces?

Get yourself an anemometer. Buy a few more fans than you think you’ll need. Depending on your HVAC and dehu setup try to either circulate the air evenly or direct the air towards your vents/dehus

1 Like

Wind velocity in your room should be atleast .8m/s little higher if using co2. Overspec by 20% if you want to ensure you have no stale areas in your room.

Basically the plants should be swaying some in the wind.

3 Likes

Where did you get those disposable ducts? They look thicker than what I’ve seen.