Grow More Food

Vanlife

If you do it suspended properly, the maggots will fall to the ground under the suspension, keeping the birds from stirring up the shit, plopping maggots out for quite some time

3 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

I will eat those till I’m sick :nauseated_face:! We came up eating wild bullace (sp) every chance we got

8 Likes

Did you know Pansy and Viola blooms are edible and often served in swanky restaurants? Delicious!

8 Likes

I just stopped by @hansel 's garden. Check it out.

14 Likes

That’s not ripe enough to be Hansel’s

7 Likes

How much do wagyu cows cost?

1 Like

Bleeding calyx on one of my Thai Bubblegum phenos.

Even the unripe (green ones) are bleeding.

I gave one of these to a friend, and I got this when her dad used the single pepper in a breakfast scramble:

So much fire in the garden that’s so close…

15 Likes

Handmade pepper spray would be pretty cool…

Lol

7 Likes

Super easy to make. You can make capsaicin isolate if you you can isolate cannabinoids. Ethanol extraction alone will yield something sufficient without further purification, but isolation gives you a weapons-grade product. Isolate is around 16 million Scoville units, and the world’s hottest peppers are coming in at around 2.6 - 3.5 million. If you decide to make it, just remember to protect yourself and loved ones (especially pets that cannot run away).

I have all the stuff to make some extract, and I plan on making some from certain varieties this winter. Should be fun (and freaking terrifying).

5 Likes

Some of these are so pretty and some are so twisted and gnarled. Its awesome to see all of the variation. What a cool vegetable

5 Likes

What an incredible thread, bar none my favorite on the forum. I’m stoked to getting to put my 2 acres to work growing something other than sand and clay :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Good luck. Do you have plans on getting organic matter into that soil? I can only imagine being able to terraform the entire property like that.

2 Likes

SO MANY PLANS!

After the site has water (currently planning on 10,000 gallons of storage tanks), essentially it will all be trucked in initially, tons of mulch, tons of compost, tons of manure. Mixed into that will be mycelium and seeds ground cover crops. It’ll be a lot of work to get it setup, won’t be cheap or easy I’m certain, but I hope that once it is established it can become sustainable and proliferate.

I choose this property partially because it is in a flood zone, something I think I can use to my advantage being in a desert. Here’s a pano I took, this is mid afternoon after approximately 0.15 inches rain the days prior. Theres’ about 2 feet of standing water in the north west corner of the property. Idk if theres water down there, but I intend to dig some shallow wells with 4 inch PVC as a means to improve ground penetration of the water. As time allows, I hope to put a pond and use the area as a form of ground water capture for later irrigation.

You can see my dumbass off to the left stuck in with my little car. That thing was fun… now its a 4x4 f250 with no payments :smiley:

6 Likes

4 Likes

The plant itself is alright… but it’s fruit is certainly incredible.

Mostly I’m just jealous because even though only a couple hundred miles separate us, I could never grow outdoor peppers with ease like @Akoyeh does.

4 Likes

What is this? Looks yummy

1 Like