GRM TEK Color, Pesticide, Oxide and Lipid Remediation BHO/HHO/EHO

I mean can you make custom packers to sell? I made one from wood and sheet metal but its not the best

Curious, anyway you could post a pic of the filter column set up? I am not entirely familiar with some of these parts that I can visualize it in my head to build.

Great write up. Do you use a specific pvpp/ac blend, or do you mix them yourself? Any reason you chose to mix them instead of each having their own defined layer?

Seems like you got a couple shades lighter than my first pass :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’ll have to get some magsil and pvpp stuff into the mix. I’ve got a 0c etoh extraction. 95% cannabinoids tho.

Do you have any knowledge whether or not these things have any benefit of being in a stack? Or if they can just be blended and stirred in a reactor? Is there some kind of chromatography-like hold-ups going on? Or is it just saturating the media with undesirables.

1 Like

That’s been my question for a long time. I think in a lot of these cases people have been making misleading comparisons to chromatography when really it’s just a simple exposure and adsorption going on. I certainly have had good results with the stir method in alcohol

4 Likes

The stack and order definitely matter. You want the lipids pulled out first or they’ll clog up the other medias. They’re in order of hardest to remove molecules to easiest to remove.

6 Likes

Good to know :slight_smile: given me some good food for thought! I’ll have to do some experiments to find out :slight_smile: after an LLE wash and a winterizing + degum my crude is pretty low wax/fat to begin with.

What’s your test results on your thc content? Any isomerisation?

Got a small percentage (around 1%) of D-8 in just about every batch using these medias. Tests were anywhere from 75 to high 80s first pass. My goal was to get up to 90 percent first pass but still coming in just under the mark. I was able to get the highest purity using hexane as my primary solvent.

3 Likes

The pvpp actually physically swells as it adsorbs and will create a clog.

3 Likes

I work with a CO2 extraction, I don’t have an inline setup our crude is collected and then mixed with EtOH we currently carbon wash but I want to find better filtration for color and pesticides. I extract cold but still get a fair bit of lipids do you think it best to winterize and lipid filter before running through the fine filtering?

1 Like

Hey man I am sorry I have a crazy busy week with work and school, I do want to talk to you about some questions. Maybe if you are free monday I am able to talk about 1230-1p central time I am not sure what time that is for you. I have some questions about where you get your reagents and if you have any advise for low potency distillate. Thank you again for the assistance and I apologise for being hard to schedule time.

1 Like

Absolutely! I believe you already have my number so just ring me up on monday I’m happy to help any way I can!

3 Likes

Another amazing discovery :pray:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

It’s because of this

Weak Lewis acids make MOSTLY d9 with a little d8

Strong Lewis acids made d9 with little d9

Not sure why your friend would assume and acid would made cbn when cbn is made by pulling protons, not adding them

2 Likes

Are magnesol and activated mag sil the same? I see magnesol is synthetic, but not sure what the difference is.

No magnesol is not activated
Magsil or Florisil are activated
At 625C
Magnesol can not be reused magsil and florisil can supposedly but i never tryied

5 Likes

Thanks for the clarification!

3 Likes

Thank you!

Thank you for such a clear and thought out explanation of your technique. I am stoked to try packing my media in line. What a Time saver, as well!

2 Likes

I have yet to try magsil, but from my experience, magnesol decimates yields. I tried it twice with heptane and seriously regretted it.

1 Like