Grass Valley Fire

KATU: Grass Valley residents evacuating due to Hemp plant fire, officials worry about chemicals.

Unfortunate, I toured this facility a couple years ago and it was really well put together.

9 Likes

I wonder what happened.

1 Like

Is this GVB?

I believe so. It’s called Grass Valley Bio Farms and if you look at 22nd Century’s deck who just acquired GVB biopharma this year, theres a GVB 30,000 sq ft refinement facility in Grass Valley, OR. Pretty sure that’s it. Total loss too, fire fept had to pull out and let it burn down.

2 Likes

I’ve been to this facility a few times, I’ve done a ton of business with GVB over the years many many many kgs of CBD…

ODA regulations incoming I bet…

This is actually pretty sad

4 Likes

What solvents were they running?

I’m guessing hexane/ heptane, and methanol at the very least …but to me it looks they also have solvents that were under pressure.

Any hydrogen? …Just asking

That’s one huge fire and considerable evacuation range

Also my condolences to those hurt

1 Like

This is very sad. Sending my thoughts and condolences to all parties involved.

1 Like

This is truly sad. They’ve been buying barrels of crude for a while from us. We were hanging out with them at their booth last week too. I sincerely hope that everyone will be ok. Ones in critical condition and 4 or 5 others hurt.
Safety meeting first thing in the am and I’ll sit my staff down and go into great detail how dangerous every single thing we do is.

6 Likes

Confirmed GVB

2 Likes

CBD crystalization with heptane, in 100L glass reactor (ethanol in jacket).

This is the second time for this same accident to occur. The first time, employees escaped with minor burns after putting the fire out themselves. You’d think GVB would have taken that near-miss as a learning lesson. Now GVB has burned more employees - 1 critically!

Hey GVB - Did you ever install that c1d1 LEL sensor? Maybe that could have given an early warning to the workers that the conditions weren’t safe. :thinking:

2 Likes