Got pulled over last night w 50 lbs of trim...

U can probably move something straight there if ud like :relaxed:

all I can think when I see that title is Mickey Knox delivering 50lbs of beef lmao probably way over a lot ppls head

1 Like

This is probably going to rub some people wrong, and I apologize as its not my intent. I think the ACLU needs to get involved in fighting the Hemp regulations that prohibit people convicted of MJ crimes from participating. Here’s why I think there’s a legal basis to push back:

1. Cannabis prohibition enforcement has an indisputably disparate impact on people of color. There are a plethora of papers written on this subject, but the end result is: A higher percentage of people of color as compared to Caucasians have a criminal record related to cannabis in spite of relatively equal use rates among all racial groups.

2. By excluding those with cannabis related records from growing hemp, the USDA is in effect discriminating against people of color. Although I make no claims that this discrimination is intentional, the end result is the same.

3. The government is not allowed to enact discriminatory policies.

On this basis I believe the ACLU should seek the immediate removal of all criminal record requirements associated with the production of hemp. Furthermore, and on a purely moral basis, how is it beneficial to society to prevent ANYONE with a criminal record from engaging in a legal, honest, and hardworking profession? I fail to see how preventing earning an honest living in any way discourages lawlessness.

/.end_rant

7 Likes

Finding any employment after returning to society as a 21 year old who is a convicted felon with no documented work history was very hard. I’m white as fuck too. I worked for $4 an hour under the table at one point, 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, because that’s all I could get.

I saw men, tradesman, at lunch sometimes. I was envious of their employment. They were able to feed a family wherever they went because of the skill they had. I then went to find my trade and allowed my sweat and blood to speak for itself. Once someone gave me a chance, I made it my goal to never give up, and become a master of my trade. No one may take my craft from me, it is a part of me, no authority can remove it.

After years of not being in trouble, I had my felony expunged and my rights restored, but most do not get that luxury.

Free men(or women or any humans)should not need the blessing of governments authority to grow hemp. Once your debt to society is paid, you should be free to go.

16 Likes

100% agree, and well said.

1 Like

Yup
Once in the system, its extremely difficult to support you and a family.

3 Likes

I agree 100% that anyone should be able to grow hemp. That being said, I can understand the government’s concern that someone who has been caught breaking the law would be likely to try to use hemp farming as a cover for marijuana farming. Unfortunately there have already been examples of this happening. I have pretty much accepted that I won’t be able to hold a hemp license until the day they legalize weed and start pardoning former weed growers.

1 Like

Growing marijuana should be legal.

Assuming criminal intent is a pretty shitty stance on anything really.

3 Likes

For sure! I wasn’t saying that I agree with any of the restrictions on hemp or marijuana, just that I understand where they are coming from, even if they are wrong. I don’t feel that I should be a felon for growing, but at the end of the day, I still broke a law, knew the consequences if I got caught, and did it anyway. Here’s hoping for total legalization and expunging of all non violent pot crimes.

3 Likes

Agreed my family has been in the cannabis business for generations In western KY…Now it seems legality is around the corner and it leaves a bitter taste in your mouth when you walk into the living and see the grandfather you never knew but heard about was finally released due to cancer…only to die 3 months later…

2 Likes

I’d say you are definitely lucky

Ca did a thing where if convicted of a cannabis crime you get put first in line for permits. But it just resulted in a loop hole for corps to make a one time payment to criminals to obtain said permits