Got a new 116# butane cylinder. Fitting is different

I’ll post a picture as well, but I am used to “Type 1” fittings on my LP tanks. The most recent tank has a completely different fitting and I am unsure which fitting to buy to connect my 3/8” JIC hose. Can someone help me out. I’m thinking it’s an older POL fitting. But could also be ACME

Did it have a cap twisted in. Mine did and i took to local welding supply store and they had an adapter that fit

Yes it had some little plastic cap (left hand turn oddly)

@Idab916

Ya its lefty tighty, righty loosey for tank. If you take that piece to welding supply store they should be able to tell size and get you the right adapter

I don’t know what a “Type 1” is, but that looks like a standard CGA-510 fitting, one of the most common fitting types for industrial LPG tanks:

https://www.concoa.com/cgachart.html

Most industrial supply stores, or the place you sourced the tank from, should be able to supply the proper adapter.

That’s industry standard for flammable gasses. Acetylene, butane, propane, any type of flammable gas has reverse, left-hand threads to ensure incompatibility to inert gas and liquid lines (nitrogen, oxygen, etc)

4 Likes

Thank you, image
This is what I meant by type 1. The first company I used required an adapter like this and was told it’s called a type 1. But now that I’m using ad chem it wasn’t different and I was a little confused. But thank you!

1 Like