Goodbye ice-water hash, hello dry ice kif? (Nope...)

This is kind of reminds me of the study about cocaine and the sexual habits of quail that was paid for by the NIH… I mean it’s a pretty cool scam to get a millions of dollars in grant money and free primo grade cocaine… Not to say they are anything alike except that they seem like a scam to me.

2 Likes

I love when lay-people envy-hate on science and scientists

1 Like

And why should phds follow the same route?

The Cryocann is a freezer dryer, no?

It’s a liquid nitrogen extraction system

2 Likes

PhDs were the original doctors, it says so right in the degree name, MDs were physicians.

2 Likes

What makes you think I am a “lay person” and uneducated?

Not that it would make a goddamn bit of difference but I went to Rice University to study chemistry and our chemistry department won the Nobel chemistry prize.

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of a department winning a Nobel prize. Usually those go to individual doctorates of philosophy.

Your argument holds no water under modern norms

You are correct. I was colloquially referring to the department.

1 Like

I’ll take my hat off to MD/PhDs, but MDs aren’t even trained as scientists. It’s all flow chart diagnosis and memorization.

4 Likes

Under modern norms MD’S are normally referred to as doctors. Anyone else doing so seems a bit pompous

1 Like

I’m sure it seems pompous to someone so pompous as to dismiss the achievements required to achieve the status.

2 Likes

Oh wow did I hit a nerve?

2 Likes

@Killa12345 can you please fork those PhD and MD comments to here :point_right: MD or PhD argument, 👀

4 Likes

I will stop addressing this issue. I apologize for my part in derailing this conversation into the direction it has taken.

After working with 2 PHDs I decided to never do it again. At least not in cannabis. Hard headed MFs.

2 Likes

I mean peoplesell, hash masters/rosin masters….have any of y’all found dry ice kief to be good for rosin?
I McDonald’s hamburger is allegedly beef, but it’s not the same as thing as prime rib and mash potatoes and gravy and butter and biscuits and a glass of cab…
In my opinion that’s what bet ice kief is, and I don’t even make rosin but I can tell you that the rosin made from that ain’t too great I’m sure

Some cocksuckers tried putting together a paint mixer, a bucket and some gold panning screens to sell the “grasshopper” for 3500 about 7-8 years ago, but it didn’t take off

3 Likes

I see, thank you. I’m not saying you’re wrong, far from it; I assume you may be correct because I have no experience making dry ice kif. I guess I’m at a loss to understand/conceptualize some of those claims.

I would love to see thorough lab analyses comparing dry ice kif and ice-water kif. And of the fresh biomass compared to the two kif types.

I’m trying to imagine why dry ice kif would be worse than ice-water kif. When the latter most likely removes more phytocompounds that add to the aromatic and flavor complexity than the former. I don’t see how dry ice would volatilize terpenes to the extent that “there will be a lot of terpenes missing.” And why/how dry ice could “micronize” the “brittle plant compounds” (light monoterpenes?).

The study I shared compares extensive lab analyses of terpenes from dry ice kif to dry sift kif. If someone can share lab analyses of ice-water kif, we could compare them. Although different analytical analysis protocols and equipment could skew the comparison, it would still be useufl.

If anyone can chime in, please do. As the saying goes:
1kgow1

1 Like

Dry ice kief always end up dark because of the micronized plant material, stays pretty dark when pressed too.

Can also introduce water which isn’t good outside bubble

sure can do a 5-15 second sift to get a higher concentration of pure heads then collect and rerun the material for a second sift.

But I could just do that without dry ice with better result

If ya need a bunch of kief for wasting on the outside of prerolls it’s great,

This was the best I could manage out of dry ice (gotta do it once to show the dudes who swear by it that it’s not worth it for rosin

6 Likes