GoodBye Butane, Hello EtoH

Okay so I’ve decided to move away from using Butane because you can get shatter from Ethanol and I really don’t like having to extract outside anymore because its explosive.

So I plan to push etoh thru my column via nitrogen push and I plan on making a mini falling film.

Does anyone regret moving from butane to etoh?

2 Likes

For smokable hash you’re going to have a lot harder time maintaining the color you’re probably used to with hydrocarbons. Its also very difficult to retain the amount of terps you can with hydrocarbons because the boiling point of EToH is so much higher than any hydrocarbon used in mass. Longer runs because of the slower recovery times. Cold becomes MUCH more important. If your solvent gets over -30C you will definitely be pulling chlorophyll.

3 Likes

These cats offer an excellent example of what you can get when it’s done right tho…

https://www.instagram.com/washingtonhash710/

What is the best solvent for making bho in people’s opinion, I’m getting ready to get back into extraction and was wondering what solvents or solvent mixes people are using now a days to help starting product end up with the best color

Bho stands for butane hash oil. I believe there is already a thread speaking on what solvents people extract with and why @Boshankers

3 Likes

What do you extract with and why? @Boshankers

1 Like

I haven’t extracted in a while but when I did I open blasted with cans of whip it butane. Going to possibly running a closed loop at a lab and want some more background on what solvents or solvent mixes people are using now a days to make better products

Click the question i posted and will take you to thread on what solvents others are using. I think because i tagged you it didnt show as a full link

fora while there, folks in CA made their CO2 oil with Butane.

Butane extract was illegal, CO2 wasn’t.

But BHO was easier to make!

so it was labeled CO2

5 Likes