Good news! Bad news! (Sorta)

Feeling loved today. Much love guys, I just try to learn from each day, and read entirely too much. The real magic is in the post processing if you ask me.

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I used to have to call on @Krative and @Dred_pirate to help me wrap my head around if I was understanding some shit right and they set me straight when I couldn’t get my mind around it. @Apothecary36 is like the ultra MacGyver of extractors that I’ve met and has serious versatility in methods, @Krative will melt your brain with science knowledge and fire dabs, and @Dred_pirate is like the high end producer, running that sick equipment on fire ass trim and using his impressive processing and post processing skills to put out probably some of the nicest diamonds I’ve seen to date. I like to adopt apprentices because I like to be busy, and I guess I make reasonably decent products :wink:

6 Likes

That’s the only thing I agree with from BVV in terms of teaching, the initial instruction videos they put out years ago were so nice to get basic techs starting out a rough idea & to understand how a cls flows

2 Likes

So I just have one question so far…when I was blasting with the closed column I was doing 6 cans per run with about 200Gz of material in each run. I would off gas then do another and same until I was done. Well, I guess this is 2 questions but how do I know what 6 cans worth of butane will be per run? And also am I going to have to recover the butane from every run before I do another run or can I just keep running until it fills then recover all of it?

It depends on the size of the can. It’s been discussed in this thread How many cans is in a tank?

You can do multiple runs in the same collection and pour once. You will have to recover the gas in between if your collection doesn’t have the capacity to hold more. You’ll also want to vac down the system each time.

Thank you!!! Very helpful

1 Like

Check this out…

4 Likes

There’s several videos
Should help

3 Likes

You wouldn’t happen to know where to get the extraction bags that are tall enough to fit into a half pound tube? About 36 inches tall. I saw a video and a guy mentioned it was less mess and much easier then just packing the tube and emptying.

Half pound in a 36” tube? What is it, 1.5” diameter?

2 Likes

They’re called column socks. It’s harder to find them in a smaller diameter.

https://www.azpressco.com/product/90-micron-4-x-36-column-filter

1 Like

Yes it is

1 Like

I’m not sure you’ll find socks that small

1 Like