Globular Distillate

Yeah I ran it myself from trim using 70% butane/30% propane; we even had some of it made into caviar and other cheap bho products and nothing wierd showed up in those test results (not the exact same trim used for this but from the same source during the same time period, can’t say for one hundred but I would imagine even from the same rooms)

I was leaning this way but haven’t ever seen it in person so I just couldn’t be sure. I also looked more into the cbg suggestion and it does look similar to that as well. Will have to get some more analysis done and get an update for y’all! I really just wanted a little more backup so I felt better about putting more money into testing. Feels like I’ve sent more stuff off for r&d this month than in the past year.

This looks like d10 in every way except for the THCa. I would ask them to send you the DAD readout of the THCa to make sure it has a triple peak and actually coincides with the elution time.

If it seems like THCa is in the test result for sure, ask for a retest imo. Something isn’t right there

3 Likes

Appreciate the feedback. It just makes zero sense that the thca would be there but wanted to get another opinion on it before I start pestering them too much. What type of contaminant do you think could cause this? I know that during the fires it was being seen from the suppressant they were spraying everywhere but I’m not sure what these guys could be using on their flower that would do this. He’s adamant that he trusts his guys on what they’re using in the rooms so that has also been a hill for me to climb…

1 Like

Wauw. Cool
Ok daunt it s cbg tends to crash while distilling in the receiving flask
D10 -thc makes the most sense
BUT if I remember well in the patent from @eyeworm there was this little
Remark of chemical compounds that keep the -a from letting go
Althou after 2 distillation runs I very much doubt it
But yeah keep us updated

1 Like

Oleum was able to produce similar formations with THCa

THCA Crystalline Sand Dollar Tek (With Zoom)… (youtube.com)

Serving suggestion: two tokes before viewing

3 Likes

It’s very likely d10 (didnt know it crystallized, so that’s neat). I’ve had labs report d10 or d8 as THCa. Confirmed this with another lab that can resolve isomers properly, you should find one that can do this.

3 Likes

My best guesses are:

• d10 or d6a10a…not sure how you formed this unless you had sulfur or something else weird in your flask…maybe something from your celite made it through filtration OR your pH was more acidic than you thought going into distillation
  • lots of lipids
  • CBG

10:1 EtOH:crude strikes me as very very high. If you want to precipitate all lipids, you want to be as concentrated and saturated as possible…so like Id recommend going to like 3-5:1 just in general.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t I run the risk of dropping out thca at that concentration? I’ve never had issues with fats before, and when I have I’ve always been able to see them immediately after my condenser.
I’m leaning towards sulfur. I was under the impression they were burning it early on (before flowering) but I just found out yesterday that his guy sprayed sulfur later than usual so things are starting to fall together a little more.
ETA
I wish I felt confident in any test results I get. Had some Bifenthrin material I was working with earlier this month and had three different results from three different labs🫠

2 Likes

looks and sounds like cbg to me, I’ve seen cbg disty crystallize into little globs just like this as disty and same structure for isolate. Very soft, almost snowflake like consistency. Also my cbg always has a sweet almost marshmallow smell.

No d10 experience, but maybe you ended up with a weird batch maybe they pulled it early and has a blend of cbg in it.

THCA isn’t going to drop out of ethanol very easily, no. Much too polar of a solvent.

I agree that if you haven’t ran into issues with 10:1 that it would be odd that suddenly you do have an issue. But, nonetheless I would still recommend going more concentrated because i) less solvent used and less rotovapping ii) more effective lipid removal. Even if its not your issue today, its an improvement to your process.

@AlexSiegel is right that PDA data from testing lab will help. Correct me of I’m misremembering, but acidic compounds you tend to see 3 humps and neutrals tend to show 2 humps.

See CBDA/CBD example below for what I mean by 2 or 3 humps:

Maybe this is how the sulfur got into your crude

edit: directed at CakeMonter. Sry Eyeworm

1 Like

its fine, I need the attention tbh

Yeah that will definitely save me some time in processing so I appreciate the advice!
It looks I’m seeing two humps there. But again this is from the lab telling me I have thca… so I’ll have to get a second opinion there before I feel confident saying either way.
ETA
Two humps on the unknown not the supposed thca

Yep. There was a a bit of miscommunication/leaving out info… just found out they sprayed later than they ever have before and I think this is my culprit.

Dude the circular Crystal clusters and quick crash look like CBG to me, seriously strange stuff given the COA.

Those urchins look like cbd forming but you got it tested…:octopus::sweat_smile: I’m at a loss too

finally someone said it! that would be my guess, due to the nuke’em and azamax

I would say D10 makes sense because of the sulphur. Not the nukem or azamax.

2 Likes

ah.
yeah idr what exactly makes the D10 isomer, but I remember it being related to shit being sprayed on the plant. so when I saw nuke’em/azamax, that was my first thought.

and this

1 Like