GLG certification

Yeah, this feels like more toothless security theater

There’s no point(from a consumer perspective) in paid verification for a company if they can’t be punished for pulling some bullshit and get to keep their titles and certs

6 Likes

I never said you can’t lose your certs, I was responding to the question about getting paid back for lost money by the GLG

I’m curious how’s that going to work? You just going to implement gmp practices into crc production and call it GLGc?

The same way you can have two manufacturing facilities where both follow cGMP but one is certified to higher level through USDA Organic, or Tilth, or ISO, or anyone of 100 other voluntary certification processes go. Same way some electronics go a step further and get a uL certification

4 Likes

But a UL certification is like an actual certification tho

Ya, implemented by a private company that developed standards…

7 Likes

So how are you standards going to be any different from the current standards being used?

Can you point to any audited CRC standards that currently exist? Or any audited cannabis processing standards at all?

I’ve never heard of such a thing, never seen a cert on any cannabis product in a store, and based on the amount of confusion and uncertainty around CRC products among the general public, assumed they didn’t exist. But I could have definitely missed something

6 Likes

Thank you guys for putting forth an effort to bring together and further the industry! $50 is a little steep for the test, and when you say 101 course you definitely mean it, but overall thumbs up.

5 Likes

No because it’s federally illegal so all that can be implemented are GMP practices signed off by a 3rd party auditer

Not sure how crc is any different or couldn’t be implemented like solvents/reagents etc

Think you answered your own question then…

It doesn’t currently exist, GMP can’t play ball cause the feds, the market is looking for a solution, we are trying to provide that.

The underlying problem is:

How does the average customer trust a specific product on the shelf when they have no way of seeing the process or meeting the people involved?

2 Likes

That test for $50 is completely optional! We have more advanced books in progress, and will also be available for free :call_me_hand:t3:

4 Likes

So how are you going to certify it if it’s federally illegal ?

How is your cert going to be better then what’s currently available

Again, show me where a CRC certification exists currently…

All of this is federally illegal, we are long past that point. Cannabis is federally illegal.

1 Like

Are you saying you can’t implement GMP practices for crc ?

1 Like

One can also be sure to stage filtration to a pharmaceutical grade. Ensuring that nothing is capable of getting through

5 Likes

Absolutely, but since cannabis is federally illegal and GMP won’t touch it (according to @anon32743824) we end up with cannabis labs all over the country with no accountability on their CRC practices.

3 Likes

And CRC is just the product that got us thinking about this idea. The goal is to implement cannabis processing specific standards that complement and exceed GMP (like how an organic cert can overlap GMP) throughout the whole lab.

3 Likes

Do those private companies typically have large equity positions in competing businesses?

7 Likes

So who can certify your certification?

1 Like