Glass WFE Clean In Place

The lab I work at is going to start processing distillate through a glass WFE (not Chinese.) I’m looking for recommendations for Clean In Place of the baked on water soluble material that’ll build up on the still wall. Did a rough search through threads on here but couldn’t find anything. I’ve seen Zep get recommended for SS stills, will it work as well with glass or are there better solutions?
Thanks

Once you get build up like that on the inside a CIP wont work to remove it from my experience.

Why not do a water wash on the crude prior to remove all the water solubles? Ive found this is more effective than having to clean it by hand

5 Likes

Cap the machine off or valve it off and just fill it with water and water based degreaser and crud cutter. Let it soak. Then clean it. Most of the time it needs to be taken apart of there are built up materials related to sugars or crystalization on the surface that needs to be scrubbed off. Toption? used to sell a spare basket with brushes on them and you could swap the core and clean it but it was unbalanced and would damage bearings.

1 Like

Right on I guess to be more specific what would be recommended to prevent the build up of that water soluble material? Think you could shoot me a dm I got a few things I was hoping to run by you.

Dm sent

1 Like