Girl Scouts suspend sales outside marijuana dispensary after misunderstanding

The Girl Scouts don’t understand the perfect marketing tie-in selling their cookies:

6 Likes

Only in Michigan :joy:

4 Likes

I appreciate the owner buying 301 boxes of their cookies after all the fuss

10 Likes

Drugs and kids don’t mix.

The parents are irresponsible for bringing their kids to a dispensary.

I was thinking the same thing!

2 Likes

yeah it’s great business but I always did kind of wonder if they weren’t sending the girls the wrong message. Idk about the dispos there but we get some freakin’ weirdos going to ours. Not sure I’d send my daughter to hang out in front.

3 Likes

I agree, I don’t think you’d find this happening at just any dispensary. Those with clean store fronts in decent areas? I could see it.

2 Likes

Are they cool to set up @ an abc store? What about CVS, Walmart, or a gas station? All those places sell drugs. The drugs walmart sells are worse than cannabis IMO (sugar, alcohol, tobacco etc)

Girl scout cookies are more damaging to your body than joints so those kids are the dirty drug dealers

16 Likes

Not to mention, they were never trying to sell them inside the store, just outside on the corner. I swear this happened in Colorado as well and people got all weird about it. Stoners like cookies, it seems like a good marketing angle to me.

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Personally I don’t believe they belong at any of those places, but there is a false dichotomy between recreational drugs and non recreational.

1 Like

feels like a missed marketing opportunity for Cookies Detroit

4 Likes

Why let cookies take 55% of your dispo store space & buy out option after 24 months when you can just have the Girl Scouts of America sale cookies right out front. Win win

5 Likes

Beat me to it :laughing:

1 Like