Getting rid of bubbles in live rosin carts

Wait, you mean you expose your hash to a vacuum?

Double digit terps isnt that hard in rosin tbh. I got 13% on a white apple tarts last month, 11% on a blue berry muffins right before that, most of my carts have been sitting around 9%.

Solvents are a viable method

Solventless is a viable method

2 Likes

This. Anyone that thinks it’s some secret war from one side to another is only fighting it in their own mind. Why complain about one or the other when you could just…educate yourself to do both.

8 Likes

Totally. Both solvent and solvent less should exist and be judged by the market on their own merits rather than some wackadoo anti science zealotry

3 Likes

I mean we both know that the majority of this retarded version of East Coast Vs. West Coast is rooted in one thing.

Lack of the abilities to do the other’s job so the shit talk ensues instead of cracking open a book.

Strongly agreed. If my back hurts by the time i’m done making hash while still knowingly getting a smaller return than any solvent based product you’re not paying pennies on the fuckin dollar for it. I’ll smoke it my damn self.

2 Likes

Those are awesome numbers and I would be proud to have them, most of the rosin I see around is mid single digits.

1 Like

Nah, you do that for the same reason you need see thru to get the job done…lack of insight.

Lol, best BHO goes for 300 per ounce in my state which doesnt even have rec and prices are still high. Pretty good is 200 and rest is lower priced than most flower lol. I can still put out multiple ounces for 1400 at a time without needing to give a break. Even when doing bigger bulk its still gonna be 3x the price of the best BHO.

Anyone who thinks we should pull vac hitting numbers like that on BHO???

No. No youre not. Not anywhere in the ballpark.

BHO was way better years ago before people were trying to have diamonds finish in 1 day and have all your products look meth with terp sauce.

Yall stopped focusing on fire, started focusing on how fast you can make a certain look and you ruined your product. You now need to make money so youre trying to get into product which actually still has value, yet you are trying to bring the same non focus on quality with the quickest way to put out mids you can, and its gonna have a negative effect on the live rosin market.

If BHO was an equal product it would have at least a somewhat comparable price point. But its not. And thats why its anywhere from 3-14× cheaper.

Market has spoken, maybe you dorks should listen

@cyclopath still haven’t seen anyone mention my method…oh well

1 Like

If you’re talking about prices in terms of $/ounce, you should enjoy the ride, bub, cuz it ain’t gonna last.

Give me some numbers. What does your hash weigh before and after you decarb? And what does it weigh before and after you remove CO2? Just a typical example would suffice.

If your having to “get rid” of bubbles then your rushing your decarb process or using some middle of the road rosin. Or you’re not decarbing under pressure correctly so u pull your rosin early in consideration of the terps lol.

Decarbing any cannabis extract under pressure will always result in entrained co2 that will need to be removed in some fashion prior to filling. When we did small batches, a mag stir hot plate did the job. Try that on a 2L media jar and you’ll be working it for hours and hours.

As the market matured and became more competitive, testing costs alone demanded that we run larger batches. I would have 16’ of bench with nothing but mag stir hot plates on it if we continued with the small scale tek. We had to flatten our oil efficiently at volume, and a vac oven does a spectacular job.

IE we made a ~2000g batch, lost ~10.41% weight at decarb, then another 0.245% weight after flattening(removing entrained co2) in the vac oven for an hour at -28 and above 100F.

The notion that yOu LoSe AlL Ur TeRpSss under vac post decarb has yet to be proven. I would like to see some numbers on an alternative tek that is as fast or efficient as flattening under vac.

8 Likes

B-I-N-G-O @Dannywarbucks knows wtf he’s doin :muscle:

2 Likes