So some background, I’m a analytical / biochemist by training. Start of the year I took over an extraction facility. I was a total newb for hemp CBD. So I’ve spent almost the last year learing, posting on here (this site is the best resource ever) . After reading through I have a decent production flow going but I’m sure I have gaps somewhere. So below is my production flow and I’d love you alls advice as to where / how to upgrade and anything I might be missing.
- Is extraction with 2 delta CUP-15 units with -40C EtOH (I run these pretty much non-stop over 2 10-hour shifts)
- Filter with Delta’s provided lenticular filtration units (at -40c again)
- Evap on one of the Ecodyst X7 evaporators (two 72L and one 100L units)
- Short path distillation ( Lab Society Setup)
- Some oil is kept here as Broad Spectrum Distallate
- Rest is put through THC remdiation on a Biotage Isolera LS unit
- Evap again on one of my X7 units
So I think I have a decent work flow here. What should I be doing between steps? I’m checking pH but I’m not sure on large scale pH fixing. Its just collecting data right now.
I also have set-up my in house analytics (thats what I was actually hired on intially to do but thats my wheel house I’m pretty confident there). Pair of HPLC-DADs and a GC-MS (single quad) and a GC-IR
Should I be doing any other filtering? How would you work in pH adjustment (if needed) at this scale etc?
Thanks in advance guys