Geranyl Acetate

I’ve never encountered this particular terp until today, is it just me or does it taste like the CBD phenol taste?

1 Like

Interesting never seen that in the plant but…

Geranyl pyrophosphate is used in the biosynthesis of GBG and this the other cannabinoids we love including CBD:

(OLA = Olivetolic acid)

1 Like

I’ve never encountered it either, here’s the insert if anyone’s curious. Smell is like any other Jack Herer I’ve tried, the taste is like CBD isolate almost though

I didn’t think geranyl acetate even exist in cannabis. You sure they’re not posting the added plant derived terpenes?

1 Like

I hAve test results of plants with geranyl acetate in them.

1 Like

I stand corrected then. Labs in my state don’t even test for geranyl acetate so I’ve just never seen it

You’re not allowed to add non-cannabis terpenes and still call it a marijuana extract in Oregon, which this product is labeled as

Cleaning your rifle at the same time?

1 Like

lol, tekmats make for a good mousepad. cheaper than the PC company offerings to boot

1 Like

Not sure about geranyl acetate specifically. Geranium plants smell fire but not how you describe. The CBD isolate taste in my experience is more similar to a cherry crossed with anise, fennel, or black liquorice

Geraniol smells much different than Geranyl Acetate. I do agree with OP geranyl Ace has a bit of that weird cherry smell to it. Different type of floral. I’m not a fan of this isolate but I also didn’t care for it partly because i didn’t think it was native to cannabis (which was incorrect)

2 Likes