Georgia $150M class action lawsuit

"Defendants have conspired to import, manufacture, distribute, and possess illegal (delta-8) THC vape pens that are marijuana” and not hemp under federal law, the suit charges. “This scheme could only be accomplished through a pattern of racketeering activity.”

5 Likes

Those Pharmlabs reports + reporting everything as “UI” for d9 isn’t gonna help their defense at all

1 Like

I wish I would’ve thought of reporting the most important analyte in our industry as unidentifiable. I bet it makes life much easier… until it doesn’t.

15 Likes

Yowza

3 Likes

class actions are prob the best way for this industry to self regulate. if they arent selling clean products that are actually below 0.3% d9. fuck em im all for a level playing field.

2 Likes

I think Cookies and Stiiizy wanted the smoke to clarify THCA legality. These legal fees are small potatoes compared to what they’ve made and what they will make if this is clarified and the whole country becomes open market due to everything falling under the farm bill. They are thinking 50 years down the line in my opinion.

They aren’t stupid enough to do this and risk their already billion dollar empire.

Except, if the courts rule THCA isn’t exempt, which it seems to me they very well might, then they’ve lost the whole game and everyone else too.

4 Likes

If ur right it also wouldn’t suck

They aren’t all that wrong. A lot of those brands conspired and mislabeled. There’s literally forums and group pages through out the internet where people are doing this in the public.

Actually you are wrong, one of the only reasons they have these empires is from defrauding most every partners, individuals, and consumers with many versions of schemes. Lesser quality packaged product, bait and switched, sometimes the test isn’t even the packaged product. Mislabeling extracts, as a great example bho as rosin for sales and extracting funds from people. I mean the list goes on and on. And especially the whole thca hemp scam that’s going around… yea these brands may actually be dissolved or turned over after these lawsuits if they burrow in.

4 Likes

I doubt either companies are remotely close to having billion dollar valuations. Nobody goes into THCA hemp from a position of strength.

“The investors, Wilder Ramsey and Tom Linovitz of Red Tech Holdings and Gron Ventures Fund, claim Cookies “burned through cash and ran out of money” after “wildly missing its numbers” last summer and failing to support a $275 million valuation, according to Thursday’s filings.”

13 Likes

Cookies is a billion dollar brand. My point is either way thca will be clarified. Either it’s legal and open season or they pay a fine and many hemp boy competitors go out of the game @MagisterChemist

1 Like

I agree, it will be a good thing for this THCA ‘loophole’ to be clarified.

To be honest, nobody has ever explained this supposed loophole to me. The Farm Bill said all testing must be done according to a “post decarb method” – are labs not following that clear instruction?

4 Likes

they quote a single section of the farm bill(7 usc 1639o) and ignore the authority in law granted to the USDA or any other language in the bill

5 Likes

@MagisterChemist @pdxcanna

Only the guys who don’t actually have a hemp license use that, the real argument is quite more complex

Part 1 of the real argument is that one can pass the pre harvest requirements using proper genetics and in house testing to ensure appropriate test date and compliant crop, and that since the final ruling and 2018 hemp bill both established that the pre harvest testing was used opposed to post harvest due to the fact that thc levels of almost all cannabis would reasonably rise past the .3% limit over the last month of growth and during cure

part 2 of the argument is that any hemp after passing pre harvest testing isnt required to be tested the same way as growing plants since the USDA has no oversight over the Hemp plant besides for the actual growth cycle, anything after would be left to the FDA to regulate which it has declined todo yet, leaving the only legal interpretation of hemp products that have passed all pre harvest testing requirements that can be applied as the .3%D9THC threshold which has been confirmed multiple times

Part 3 is the interpretation that the Federal government stopped using the source rule and went to just testing THC potancy to determine legitimate hemp products (source rule was basic practice that would ensure hemp products must be sourced from lawful hemp and not cannabis) when they clarified their stance on legality of cannabis seeds and clones on a response to a question sent by an attorney

Part 4 the DEA might not have jurisdiction of the issue… since hemp was defined in law and taken off the CSA and was recently ruled exemp in a California court pertaining to legality of patents being enforceable because of that, means more than likely the DEA doesn’t have the power to stop or regulate lawful hemp sales and since thca is a natural cannabinoid the media cant use the “synthetic” propaganda against it

There are some more points and definitely lots of counter points as well, but this is definitely an interesting argument and THCa hemp wouldn’t have made it this far without some legitimacy to the claims, In long run id think Feds would win in court but its not even remotely close to a guarantee, and most likely why the only people going down are ones buying from unlicensed vendors/brokers

1 Like

I’d love to see something that hits 20% THCa and test under .3% d9 post-decarb 30 days earlier, I’m not convinced it can be done without substituting different material for the test

1 Like

I doubt you would find it, Thats the kind of stuff i tell people to be cautious off when looking into thca hemp flower as more likely then not its not been grown to compliance and is just weed, we have had two cycles that tested compliant so far but were in the 12-17% range for potancy, ive yet to see legitimate testing outside the teens, but dont think we are far from seeing varieties that do with the emerging auto flower cultivars, with hemp thca flower i would say unless you can get all the documents to prove its legitimate its not worth buying, even thca isolate is also being faked left and right so Diamonds are becoming the go to for consumers and shops

1 Like

thats the dumbest shit i ever heard. THCA isnt active until the heat converts into delta 9 end of story. THCA is the precursor to delta 9 no mattere what you choose to call it hemp or weed

if this was some ne discovery then why the arnt people making and using thca tinctures or thca gumimmies oh because its inactive unless it gets heated

1 Like

You don’t want to hit the THCa/propylene glycol cart?

1 Like

looks like some unwaxed poop soup bho. which i think i would actually choose over the trash in the picture

thats juts prooves my point lol