KVA Output 600
Rating Prime
Voltage 480v
Phase 3 Phase
Hertz 60
Hours 20830
Mobility Mobile
MQ Mobile Diesel Generator
600 kVA MQ Mobile Diesel Generator with 20830 hours. Also, this prime rated MQ comes sitting on a dual axle trailer. S/N: 3841524, Model: DCA-600SSV, Engine: Volvo Penta TAD1642GE

1000 gallon Fuel Tank

The GVWR Plate for this unit show 50,000lbs, This trailer is 34’6’‘L x 8’6’‘W x 12’5’'H.

The generator has been load bank tested to verify that the generator is properly functioning and produces the appropriate power when it is on load.

3 Likes

Why so cheap? This is a quarter million dollar unit new…

2 Likes

Did you not read the hours? 20k is some serious time for a gene. It’s actually not the best deal or play being at 2.3yrs of runtime.

10 Likes

It’s been recently load tested, so the generator itself is in good working order and the controls are functioning properly. Hours of use on the diesel are immaterial, you could rebuild that Volvo for 15k. Besides it’s prime mover rated meaning it’s meant for a continuous duty cycle. If I was in the market this would be a good deal.

6 Likes

Same engine they put in their road tractors that go 1 million miles. 20k hours ain’t shit. Nice unit!

3 Likes

Shit, if you’ve got the money it would probably be worth it to purchase do a rehab and resell it. Those things go quick up here! Maybe post it in the Anchorage CL? You might get some hits if you did that

2 Likes

20,000hours @ 60mph= 1,200,000 miles. Rebuildable? Yes. Like new? Not quite…

6 Likes

I’m just lost where your pulling this math/60mph from.

I mean we are talking about a generator not a vehicle here

1 Like

Pretty simple actually. A tractor trailer covers at least 1.2million miles in 20,000 hours of highway driving. Highway miles being the least stressful on an engine. Best case scenario there’s the equivalent of 1.2 million miles on that motor.

4 Likes

It’s the same motor found in many semi trucks.

20,000hrs x 60mph = 1.2m miles

Its relative because semi wear is measured in miles whereas gennys in hours, and we know that 1.2m miles on a diesel engine in a semi is getting up there

5 Likes

Maintenance. Maintenance, Maintenance!

4 Likes

@future4200
Well it’s running in a different application, from my understanding you need the circumference of the object spinning X RPM to get a average mph… for all we know that RPM could be at 20 MPH, but if you know the circumference of the object/gears being spun than I’m all ears.

I haven’t driven a 18 wheeler before but I think we all know it drives WELL over 1800 rpm.

Poor Rudolf Diesel! The German gas engine mafia killed him after he displayed his engine running on peanut oil at the Paris world fair. I’ve seen dozers and excavators with 40k+ hours running strong

3 Likes

Also it’s dependant on what it’s spinning not just the gears size itself. I’m confident the diameter of a trucks tires are much larger than the gears running it. - I think your estimate could be a 2x-4x multiple of what it actually is.

2 Likes

[quote=“og_extracts, post:12, topic:119684”]
I haven’t driven a 18 wheeler before but I think we all know it drives WELL over 1800 rpm.
[/quote]

So, we’re talking about things you admit having no experience in, but you’re positive you’re right…

3 Likes

He is! Your calculation is solely based on my million mile motor statement. Then u configured your formula. That gen could have another 20k left in it if it was well maintained.

2 Likes

My statement is based on the fact that the majority of Diesel engines, be that tractor trailer or heavy equipment, get rebuilt around where the generator in question is.

Converting hours to miles just makes it easier to understand for some people.

Are there trucks and pieces of heavy equipment that run 40,000 hours without a rebuild? I’m sure there are, but those are certainly the exception and not the rule.

1 Like

So your an engineer who builds and repairs truck engines and generators?

Feel free to attack the one part of my argument I admitted fault too thats okay because my argument is still valid with or without the statement… I’m still curious what size is the circumference of the gear for you to “simply” determine it was equivalent to running @ 60mph?

It’s sweet spot is not the average either. Not including acceleration or elevation

It’s Christmas Eve, so I don’t have time to pick apart all the faults with your argument, so I took the low hanging fruit🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

No rebuilds on those brotha! I think your right about the exception to the rule though. Most equipment is treated like shit in a lab or on a job site.

2 Likes