FYI: Cmep+double coil= no recovery

I heard it does way way better for recovery, elevating the cmep higher than collection…is that true??

So far that’s what I’m seeing…also another trick I do at the end is push some nitro to flush the coil out of any solvent stuck there due to it being dry ice cold.

3 Likes

What company remade the pistons?

1 Like

Id also like to know where i can purchase said redisigned pistons.
For anyone looking to rebuild their pump, i rebuild cmeps in Norcal and offer upgraded bearing grease that helps with being a tad late on top end rebuilds.

I agree, but also don’t forget to vacuum the whole system including coils before running. As homeboy mention, air will create ice blockage eventually.

Where in norcal and what are your prices

1 Like

Following bc I’m also curious who is remaking the pistons

Kris Krumble on facebook; works for D.A.B.S llc (Design and build supply LLC) have no idea what his IG is or if there is one… Closed loop extractors page

I think this is the only time i wish i had facebook just so i can see what it looks like

I use dual cmep with a jacketed coil in 50/50 ice water give or take, recovering two 35 lbs material columns start to finish in under hour & half with 80-90lbs of solvent per. Single column runs are about 45 minutes to hour same specs but single column. They used to run a dual open coil but switched to jacketed as the results are far higher quality & recovery is a breeze.

1 Like

Can you explain your recovery a little more…i run multiple cmeps but not that speed

1 Like

They rip if your psi is higj enough and your cooling is more than adequate, use to watch my scale do a few #’s in seconds when id crack open the vapor push column with 80 psi in it. But thats not the norm by any means.

1 Like

acetone and dry ice wont “freeze” over butane/propane… look at the freezing point temps of each Propane and butane; it takes more then dry ice/acetone to freeze it. if your tane is “freezing” its due to moisture getting into it

2 Likes

Exactly. I run dual cmeps and I keep my coils in a slurry at about -50 and only had them freeze once after running a ton of live resin. I emptied my tank and had a shitload of water in there

The issue was i wasnt use to the double coil. It was just taking its time to fill up. There was never a clog.

1 Like

I put a valve with a T behind it so i never have to empty my coil and just vac down a small section. Don’t loose as much gas this way for my set up

1 Like

yep, same; i have a T after the recovery pump but before the “IN” of the condenser coil that connects to our sieve column this way when you vac the system/sieve column it VACs the condenser coil and system at the same time. also helps keep your molsieve from building up moisture too though we use a 6ft molsieve haha so we hardly need to worry about moisture

Ya my sieve is always sealed closed, but same set yp basically, my coil holds a few #’s at least