FUNDRAISER: HELP @Capttripppp MOVE BACK TO FL

All I ever asked for was Love, and that don’t mean money to me… I’m amazed, and don’t even know what to do. For real…

15 Likes

It’s been a long time coming. Good attitude goes far. Your supportive nature and being you made this happen.

7 Likes

There better be a @Capttripppp x @Killa12345 wave runner day…

8 Likes

THAT’S NOT ME!!! Post damn you

2 Likes

:100:

5 Likes

Hold your head high brother!! Take it one day at a time. If you ever need an ear reach out, I got 1 good one & 1 bad one…there both yours.

My father is a 100% disabled retired marine. I know all about the VA & the good fight y’all have made for our country. Much LOVE brother & I hope you find the peace & place to keep your heart warm and your head easy!

6 Likes

The VA operates six medical centers in Florida . They are located at Bay Pines, Miami, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Gainesville and Lake City. A new VA medical center is under construction in Orlando and is due to open soon. Looks like Orlando it is.

6 Likes

14 Likes

I’m all about the Choice Program, but I’ll feel it out. I’m going commit at least 6 months +/- to the program to get established, but there’s no Fucking way I’m staying in, near, and/or around the Orlando/Kissimmee area longer than needed. Get established, I could use a little tuning, and some time to get my “base tan”… I was on the phone with housing minutes a go, with the go ahead to either keep my voucher here, or I have 6 months to port it there.
I was told this word for word, from 1 of the nurses when I went into detox on Friday.
“You want help, and We’re here to help you, and it makes us SO HAPPY when someone is as polite, and just a nice Man” (I laughed at that)
Everyone wants to help to someone that wants to help themselves. Especially when they’re broke. We did a lot of fixing, shit I didn’t even know was wrong. Was like multiple Epiphanies. But I stayed here because I never thought I’d go home… Should…
Fuck that… I’ve never been more alone then I have up here. I mean that both in a literal and metaphorical sense…
I’m done torturing myself… I don’t deserve the way that I have made myself live, and I am going to be happy… And I am going to perpetuate that happiness to everyone I can, in every way I can.
People are vampires up here, take take take… I just want to have some friends that I can give a key to my house to, and NOT have to be worried… Anyway, sorry for the rant

23 Likes

Rant on bro! Ride that wave and stay on top!

4 Likes

One of the friendliest guys… Dm’d you asking about some bullshit when I first found this forum and instead of being upset at me you were friendly. I know it’s not much, can’t spare much more anyways haha, but it’s well deserved hope you reach your goal.

(Diamond miner looks dope too)

9 Likes

We torture ourselves way too much brother, don’t do it. Get the head straight and the body will follow. I try to keep a good attitude, but it’s hard. I know more than most as far as using the VA to your advantage, so ring me up if you need to. I’ll shoot ya my number in case you don’t have it. Sometimes you need an advocate or an ear to bounce things off from one who’s been there and done that. You are not alone.

4 Likes

That’s true but a little further north there are some good people. Hope the trip south works out for ya buddy. @Killa12345 not everyone comes to Alaska just because they are running… My wife active duty and that is how we wound up here…

5 Likes

It was just a saying I heard on that show the Alaskan frontier show. Obviously not everyone is running. Some people just don’t want people in their shit. It’s the last American frontier.

2 Likes

It’s a movie.

2 Likes

That’s how it generally happens! And those running from themselves… But sometimes, they find themselves in the process, and I haven’t been able to grow. Been here 9 years, spent a winter in Fairbanks, and ended finding out that 1 of my best friends from growing lived there. Fairbanks has like a magic about it. I won’t lie… I loved Fairbanks, but progress lead me away from there…

3 Likes

I swear flying into Fairbanks was like entering another dimension. The 60’s style dinners… Haha, yeah I liked Fairbanks. I was flying back and forth from Fairbanks to Anchorage and back in a day like, fuck 12 times or something. VA payed for it, had to get 3 vertebrae fused

3 Likes

yeah. Alaska has been amazing reset for me. Def helped realize my true potential, were here a few more years then hopefully I can use all this experience regardless of where our last base is located. Hopefully somewhere warmer maybe near a beach… My buddy just PCS’d back to FL was just texting him this morning.

1 Like

8 Likes

I just had a long run of meeting the wrong people, and met them all through the VA. Needless to say, I will be warry of anyone I meet through a program! Lesson learned… I’ve spent the past 3 years literally alone, couldn’t get into the cannabis space, and summer work dries up fast.

I’m happy they passed public consumption, because the bar is the only place to meet anyone. And bars and I disagree greatly. There’s so many things to do at all times of the year in Florida, and I fucking grow some orchids!

4 Likes