From Crude to CBD Isolate

The cold pentane washes will not be able to clean up the impurities inside the crystal, unless you smash them up. Definitely sounds like you’ll have to recrystallize if you want to have large, clean crystals. High surface area and low airflow are the keys to beautiful recrystallization. Just curious, why do you want large crystals though? Crystalline powder generally has more uses in production.

2 Likes

First I would like to thank all of you smarter than me people making this information exchange possible. I have found it interesting and very informative.

So I would like to go “From Crude to Isolate” … Directly
What is the tek involved to go from clean cryo Etho de-solventized Crude directly to Isolate? No SPD, no wiped film, no distillation at all.
I know the tek exists but nobody is talking or writing about it at all.
Does anyone have a cost effective viable solution?

1 Like

Bump?

Not sure what you mean?

Oh I was bumping the thread, as I too am curious about this method. I’ve heard of this before, but like you I haven’t seen a tek or anything for the method. In theory, there should be a way. I’m just not sure if people or actually doing this or if it’s just mental masturbation at this point.

1 Like

Oh! Idk how I missed this thread. THC isolation from crude CBD oil

2 Likes

Its the same as starting with distillate. Create a supersaturation and crystallize. Your starting potency needs to be as high as possible and you will have to ensure your source crude is fully decarbed. You are going to get really dirty/low potency isolate starting with crude and will need to recrystallize several times.

1 Like

Hi,
What return are you getting with that outlined procedure? I am curious if the larger Crystal’s generally yield more than the fine powder and if so, is it worth the time?
I think it’s worth exploring and thought I would reach out here.

Anyone heard of the “Eisenhower” crude plant.
5000L/day or ???
Couldn’t find anything about it online.

No but share what you heard
Which state ? Which teck?
Biomass ? Etc etc

Hmm these steps sound like they might work with a decent ethanol shatter to thca crystals. Anything need modification?
“1. Measure material weight
2. Heat material to within 5-10c of solvent (Pentane preferably)(36c)
3. Measure out half the weight of the distillate in solvent (1g pentane : 2g distillate)
4. Heat solvent to within 5c of BP (ideally in glass reactor w/ reflux attachment)
5. Combine distillate and solvent, fully mix (supersaturation)
6. Cool to room temp
7. Cool to 0c (precipitation)
8. When happy with crystallization pour off liquid
9. Use 0c solvent to wash crystals to purity over filter paper
10. Dry in vacuum oven”

2 Likes

Try it with already crashed THCa crystals to create very big crystals. Do temp fluctuations instead of a cold crash

3 Likes

I have heptane on hand so I will give it a go with that, but Ive heard pentane is preferential for xtalization.

It’s much harder to crystalize in Heptane, crystalization in pentane works wonderfully

4 Likes

Heptane is fine to make isolate with. It just takes more time to recover the solvent from the mother liquor and to eradicate the heptane from the finished isolate. It also has lower ppm thresholds for human toxicity levels in most states that I have looked into so you really want to
Make sure you remove all the solvent from the finished product before consumption or sale.

2 Likes

I’ve experienced messier crystal structures compared to pentane, more shit caught in the lattice with Heptane using same conditions as with pentane. Have you experienced this?

No, but i also could be using a different crystallization technique.

1 Like

How do I get in touch with you about your lab design services?

qgaconsulting@gmail.com

How do I get in touch with you regrading your lab design services? Also interested in knowing more about your LLE. Thanks

1 Like