Frequency of changing crc filter

That’s a sign the media needs changed. Not the “filters”.

Are they all the same? “Replace” suggests they may be.

Fair enough. Not an unreasonable time to ask.

So tell us what you have in all those “filters”…

3 Likes

You’re placing a lot of trust in that sight glass

8 Likes

Does having all those filters need a nitrogen push?

Just found this in some crc I got from Cali dispensary. Maybe their filter needs a replacement

1 Like

It likely should use a nitrogen push but I believe the current setup is using compressed air, from my readings it seems Air is not supposed to be introduced to the system? But its currently setup using air to force the butane through.

But I am walking into this setup as a “Turn key” ready setup and just wanted to make sure I am treating the screens right.

I believe in the stack there is clay and then silica and then micron filters below those, I will know tomorrow as I haven’t been there for any length of time to look over the system much yet.

Yeah, air is the wrong way to push. You’ll never live to make rocket surgeon that way.

So you don’t know what any of those filters are yet? They may be labeled on the outside, but you should open them so you know what you’re dealing with. Report back with what you find.

IMO whomever set that machine up is clueless and dangerous.

There is zero reason to balance all that weight over a sight glass.

Do some more reading and ask more questions before loading that up.

May start here:Let's see your set up! so you can wrap your head around how to solve that nonsense in front of you.

Hint: if folks don’t look at it and say “nice rack!” you should reconsider the relationship…

9 Likes

6 Likes

Welcome to the future @Matt889!

1 Like

Thanks for the info @cyclopath , I am clearly a newbie when it comes to closed loop setup but I do know how it works and can “Run the machine” - I do not see a sight glass holding all the weight up could you elaborate or help with that at all? As far as I can tell from my reading it is best to have the CRC system directly below the material chamber and then you want the butane solution tank right below that no?

Here is a couple more pics of the setup how it sits currently, there is a chiller arriving before I get there for work also.

5 Likes

Yeah, being see through they can be hard to spot…

This is the third part of the triumvirate @SolventDirect_BigM mentioned that is required to wreck your day.

Source of ignition literally 12” away and 6” below the top of your column. Whole new meaning to “light up!”

The ovens are also flat out stupid in that location.

Go read: Have u guys seen a rise in lab explosions? for starters.

I suggest you distance yourself from this machine if you do not have the authority to remediate those issues. It was set up by someone who has not grasped that hash laden solvent WILL flow upwards in a hose, just like solvent without hash in it does.

This job is not worth your life.

12 Likes

Is that sleeve filled with dry ice/iso?

Who would want to lift that shit up there all that way? To what end?

Rack it, don’t stack it.

2 Likes

“After” not “Below”…. gravity is not what makes it go.

As far as your filter stack:

I’ll ask you again @Matt889, what would the indicators be for “time to change your filter(s)”.

“Does not remediate color to desired extent” == “done” or “needs more” for your media.

So what is the indicator that the filters are trying to get your attention?!?

1 Like

What is it?

Aluminum? Not sure. Definitely metal. Dabs were not bad. Crushed diamonds from raw garden.

2 Likes

well hmm, I am at a loss here, its apparently been running with success for some time now, the lights in question are of course not in use (the grow lights) however the room lighting is not C1D1 rated at all.

Also I don’t know what the sleeve is filled with if anything since I have not been there yet to look things over (the setup is 3 hours away from me each way)

Looks like Jesus was the carpenter and the light spectrum looks like HPS to me. But I’m a plumber so. …

1 Like

Sounds like a decent excuse to walk away…

It’s not clear that you’ve visited Have u guys seen a rise in lab explosions?

I’m guessing most of the rigs that caused the above explosions had been run more that once before shit went sideways…

Isn’t an unreasonable summation…

How does your vacuum cleaner let you know it’s filters need attention?!?

4 Likes

Teach a horse to fish; what’s the worst that could happen?

Everybody gets surf & turf?!?

3 Likes