Frequencie converter

spinning backwards isn’t necessary all it’s made out to be.

for me the VFD is so I can turn it up to 11.
or 15

cannabis is fluffy

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: as in you’ve got 15lb in a fuge nominally rated for 25kg. there’s math somewhere that will tell you just how stupid 75 or 95hz really is. You do have a mezzanine you can watch from right?

2 Likes

We’re getting close to the point where we can run some experiments to determine the benefit of forward only versus cycling between forward and reverse, plus of course playing with pre soaking times, number of washes relative to CBD content, blah, blah, blah, science, blah, blah.

1 Like

Nope, no mezz right now, someday that’d be great.

talk to arometrix about this critter (not cheap list is like $8k)

it will make that optimization way easier…

I don’t know what that is, but I think I want one, and it’s nearly Christmas, so it may make a good self gift. Alright, it’s past my bedtime, 1, cause I’m old AF, and 2, I’m an east coaster. I’ll reach out to arometrix about that piece of equipment. Thanks!

Edit: $8k :exploding_head:, probably not in the budget this year.

yeah, not cheap. but probably economical. compared to most other In House analytics options or third party testing

assuming $80 for each third party potency test during R&D, it doesn’t take long to pay for itself.

Caveat: I was among the folks that asked for Arometrix to build it…and mine hasn’t arrived yet.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement, lol. Basically it breaks even after 100 tests.

How do you figure that?

8,000/80=100

Before it pays for itself and your money has been well spent. Not because it breaks after 100 uses. :joy:

how many different variables do you plan on optimizing?
how do you intend knowing you optimized them?

if you’re asking a stranger (third party analytics) it will cost you at least a couple of tests, if not a half dozen, every time you think you might should change something.

show me another device that costs less than $10k that will get the job done. I’ve been using a $10k GC from SRI.

you could spend just a couple of hundred & get the data using TLC, but not in-line, nor in real time.

(and yeah, the price sucks. I still think everyone with a fuge needs one)

2 Likes

I want to test the following variables:

1. Presoak time (10, 20, and 30 minutes)
  2. Spin time (5, 10, and 15 minutes)
  3. Forward only
  4. Forward and reverse

And combinations of each. So, maybe about 12 separate tests if my math is right.

input grind?
solvent temp?
number of times solvent can be run over fresh biomass?
how that number changes with input potency?

wouldn’t it be great to know in real time that you had in fact gotten all the cannabinoids you were going to get from biomass A after 3min, but biomass B, which was more potent took 4.5min?

how about actual data indicating that you can get another 15lb of biomass through your (been used 3x) tincture without losing cannabinoids. While you’re running!

I think it’s a game changer.

I clearly wasn’t the only one who asked Arometrix to build this critter.

2 Likes

I think the SRI CG is a better first investment for in house testing over the fraction finder.

2 Likes

can argue with that…

I certainly wouldn’t be getting the fraction finder without a GC to validate it against.

I agree that you can learn way more about other parts of your operation with the GC.

I think the speed at which one can optimize given real time data is a huge win. I haven’t actually received mine yet, so I guess that remains to be seen :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, yes, and more yes to all of the above.

1 Like

I’ve got a VFD question: How do I brake this thing? (Enable braking resistor in VFD)

With an external load bank and a drive capable of dynamic breaking.

1 Like

Is this a standard fraction finder with a special housing for the sensor?

I am wondering why it is $8000.

You can buy the display for $2071.

The sensor is also around $1934…For size 34.

size 34 sight glass for $1000.
https://arometrix.com/product/sight-glass-for-size-34-sensor/

The sight glass in the ethanol package does look different.

People need to live to
Rent salary s websites enery cost
Damn if this thingy cost 4000 yust in components then 8000 is a bargain